scratch practice

i dunno if it works for anyone else but i suggest to try and figure out what sounds you want to make, and then try to translate it with your hands.. even if youve got this retarded human-scratch voice in your head.. its what i do, scratch geek style :8

I know what you mean, thats what I try to do. The problem is,

when I'm listening to stuff at work or on the bus or whatever I have all kinds of crazy patterns and combos going through my head, and I get all hyped up haha...but the second I get in front of my tables, my mind just goes totally blank. I think its cos I get kinda self concious or something :(

i dunno if it works for anyone else but i suggest to try and figure out what sounds you want to make, and then try to translate it with your hands.. even if youve got this retarded human-scratch voice in your head.. its what i do, scratch geek style :8

I know what you mean, thats what I try to do. The problem is,

when I'm listening to stuff at work or on the bus or whatever I have all kinds of crazy patterns and combos going through my head, and I get all hyped up haha...but the second I get in front of my tables, my mind just goes totally blank. I think its cos I get kinda self concious or something :(

i go through that too, its a bitch, especially when you press that record button. some days it comes out well, other days it doesnt.

being self conscious is the worst feeling when cutting, especially when cuttin in front of people.. but when you get into that zone though, nobody can stop you. its all about flying away into that little place where everyone else can get fucked and its just you, the beat, and your cuts. :8

btw thanks syentiffic and steelio

• 2 months later...