GabrielSaint TheAlbum

Gabriel Saint _What Have I Become (the album)

Its my first album.

Lots of hiphop production. Everything from an IDM feel to straight hiphop. Also a handful of live instruments.

feat.

Sigma

Yella Kidd

G Dawg

Kaysawah

Ashley Buxton

and more...

80 Mins 90 Megs

TheHaloError

d/l ...will give my views in a wk or so (when i get chance to listen to it properly

Thanx, and OK. I did alot of the cuts. Sigma did cuts on one track. I just have fun cutting. Sorry.

Checked the first 25 minutes so far. It's a really nice piece of work mate. Shame I'm using such wank speakers so I can't get the best of it.

The only criticisms I would give are some of the cuts. The first proper track that starts at 1:23 is really good and I don't think it needs those scratches, especially the ones you chose. I dunno man - you've got a CDX! There's no need to cut the stock ahhhhhh, ahhh yeah and crash noises so often. A well chosen vocal cut would have worked perfectly there IMO.

The track that starts around 17:20 is really good. I love the sample on the chorus.

Anyway, I don't want a couple of criticisms to take anything away from this man. The beats and production are really good and there's a variation of styles and shit here that keep it interesting. I have no doubt you could get something released at some point in time.

Oh yeah - one last thing. I did have a quick scan through and the mp3 seems to get a whole lot louder near the end. Where's the artwork and track listing too?????

I'll check the rest later.

Your cuts arent in there? Damn I'll have to reupload! I just did the mix around the track with out your scratches in it, then popeed your cuts in and exported. May have fucked it up. I post it again when this one expires except with the changes you guys suggest.

Keep the feedback comin please!

Guest Deeswift

I have quite a few crits for this. The first thing that struck me when I listened is the type of samples you chose to cut up, and I agree with Steve on this. Things just rarely seem to fit the mood of the music, almost like having cartoon-ish scratch samples over serious / dark / moody beats. That didn't work for me.

The first track into the second track didn't flow too well, and overall there seems to be a lack of structure to this material. To be honest, I listened to about half of it, because this is just not my thing at all, though I tried to remain open minded while I listened. I can't stand the rapping, not that it's badly done, as I said, it's not my thing. Along with the female R&B vocals it sounds a bit "MTV".

The positive crit: I think you are capable of producing material which is commercially appealing and could sell. What I would like to see is a more defined concept for your album, better layout of the tracks, and better placement of samples. Beefing the beats up on certain tracks would have been an idea too. Also, there should be track titles, and it should be separate tracks rather than one long mp3 (though that's a minor point), and cover art, credits, etc. As it stands, I wouldn't say you are ready to release albums, I think you will look back in a year or two and possibly be glad you don't have this released in stores.

Does this sound negative? I don't know, depends on whether you are will to learn from all kinds of criticizm. If so, good on you. It's not easy to give an opinion on music that's not to your taste, but if I am to be honest, it's plain as day where things could be improved upon.

Thanx a million Dee. I understand you 100%. Being "mtv" is lame in a way but its also "$." I still do my band thing and my straight up sratching thing.

Thanx a million Dee. I understand you 100%. Being "mtv" is lame in a way but its also "$." I still do my band thing and my straight up sratching thing.

keep doin it.

youre gettin there. i agree with steve on the sample usage, and the scratches at some points could be tighter.

ive just passed 30 mins and im likin the song thats on around at this time..

i suggest taking dee's advice with refining everything and focusing on a concept more.. dont be discouraged, its a dope thought to know that you'll keep progressing.

keep it up man, its been a nice listen! :8

It had the bare nessecities of a good selling album.

i'm listening to it now...it's a bit slow pace..maybe integrate some jungle beats ?

i agree about the samples not directly fitting in

i like the 'i don't believe in god..but i fear him' sample.

bleedin wick. for a first album...i know my first one wont be anything as good as this....

imo i listened to the album,i liked it,i lenjoyed the overall vibe,and i could certainly appreciatte that certain songs had there places in different genres,nice amount of variation for example the chick vox track i kno its kinda comercial but that would play on our radios here,for its comercial tip it iswell worthy,i like all the beats they all well done,only thing i can say is the scratching peeces seem at times slighlty off beat and randomly thrown in,but that being sed i kno if u wanted to u coulda took the time and done it a b it cleener

well done gabe not bad at all,enjoyable including the lyricists featured were good enuf for me...this alb has a wide variation and i appreciatte that

flowers

• 3 weeks later...