my pioneer 707 review

aight so i bought the damn thing. and the fader is BOMB AS FUCK!!! best fader hands down. soooooper precise and bubbly soundin. like crystal clear bubbly, not like the vestax which is kinda dusty bubbly. (maybe im trippin). it has session in like the 07. the up faders have hamster. but not just normal hamster. it reverses again making it like a whole new way of cutting. if feels maaad awkward. transform switches are tite. this mixer literally will adapt to any environment your dj'ing at. no matter what kind of connection u need, its got it. the eq's for hi, mid, and low are -26 to +6. (dope for sampling). no pan. not that ya really need it. headphone levels sound good. overall a great mixer.

bad things about it:

i hear the pounding sound come up thru the mixer when im cutting with the x-fader. it happens while my hand is on the record and moving the fader at the same time. i dont even need to move the record, it just does it when i move the fader. and i dont know if its that i have some what cheezy speakers, but, i cant turn up the bass and volume much without it distorting on me.

other than that.... its cool. but i duno if i should exchange it or just refund it. its dope and all, but i feel i was doin just fine with the 05 that i've had for 3 yrs. same fader and all. sounds kinda shitty, but it works well. fukkit!

Guest Deeswift

YAY to 1000 posts, Dub.

Damn, I don't like the 07 we have here. It'd be a different story if it had a full set of P&G's though.

I take it you are both using M44-7's Pete and Gabe? There's a thread on the Pioneer forums about the crossfader making noise and it seems to happen quite often with that cart. Pioneer have been informed, but that's about all I know.

FUCK YEAH, good shit on finding this PRICE for it! its originally goin for $499 at guitar center. they do price match and its only $399 on that link. WOOOOT props homie :d

it IS lookin pretty ill

Thats exactly what I did!

I take it you are both using M44-7's Pete and Gabe? There's a thread on the Pioneer forums about the crossfader making noise and it seems to happen quite often with that cart. Pioneer have been informed, but that's about all I know.

thats funny that u say that bcuz on my 05, i have somewhat of the same problem. only on my 05 with a 44-7, the sound seems to bleed on my xfader. but when i use my stanton cart, it works fine. is it that shure carts have so much output or is my mixer just old?