do you twiddle?

denio

Guest Deeswift

So do 'em again! It's never too late for a twiddle bredrin. Always make time for a twiddle, every day! A twiddle a day keeps the haters away. Damn, I don't half talk some crap.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmm, Twiddles and Crabs! I still don't know what to think of these techs. Peeps on the boards generally share the "twiddles/crabs are wack" opinion. I'm not so sure. I find them very easy I must say but that's probably down to the fact that all I ever did was crabs for about 3 years or summit stupid. These days I'll use these techniques as infrequently as possible although I probably still use them more than most peeps. I'm of the opinion that 2 click orbits sound better pinch/wrist than twiddle so in an ideal world I'd perform orbits as such, the simple fact of the matter is I can do them loads cleaner twiddle and my wrists don't burn as bad that way.

I've heard some crazy wild cuts by peeps doing twiddles and crabs over irregular record movements. I think there's a lot more too these cuts than just doing orbits...

pz

Peeps on the boards generally share the "twiddles/crabs are wack" opinion. I'm not so sure.

These are generally the sort of people who have been scratching 3 months and think they are "next level", keep doing twiddles man- learn as many scratches as you can not just the "cool" ones

I've heard some crazy wild cuts by peeps doing twiddles and crabs over irregular record movements. I think there's a lot more too these cuts than just doing orbits

spot on

peace

Guest Mike Reezy

I twiddle because I cant click that fast with my wrist.. so it has a great advantage for me.

Let mne clarify, that I dont do them like 2 finger crabs, but I tap each fader hit individually alternating between middle and index finger.

How can you say theres no point?

I agree that, if I could do the wrist just as fast, I wouldnt twiddle.

I twiddle for any 2 click 3 click type shit

man I can hardly do shit. I love the sound of the real twiddle but after practicing with a couple cats from ASIS (TSG and Dario) last sunday...I definitely have a long way to go....

anyone ever cut on a numark sm-3....it seemed good when I started....but someone mention that its cut in is pretty weak compared to vestax 05's and 07's...

anyway my twiddle endurance is about 20 seconds if that...and I have trouble floating the fader right above the cut in mark...even with crabs too.

I still haven't really absorbed all the 2 click 3 click combos or chirp flare crescent stuff...I'm still stuck in the improv mode trying to make cool sounds that rhythmically compliment the beat or track...

I really need to download the EVER and learn the individual combos but I need to do dishes too.

but I love chirps and twiddles.

peace.

I always thought some dj should come out with an album of all twiddles called Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dum.

Deeswift, you could collab with dj dum ( if you can find him) on this one. j/k

quiting time. enjoy the weekend fellas!!

Another method utilizing the crab twiddle is to add a 3rd click after with the middle finger. So first is middle, 2nd point, 3rd middle. First 2 are crabed and 3rd is a solid cut. Do it fast and end it open. Treat it like any orbit. Beware - your mixer will take a pounding if u get it..

Another method utilizing the crab twiddle is to add a 3rd click after with the middle finger. So first is middle, 2nd point, 3rd middle. First 2 are crabed and 3rd is a solid cut. Do it fast and end it open. Treat it like any orbit.  Beware - your mixer will take a pounding if u get it..

ahhh, great advice

When I started, I used to twiddle lots because it was relatively easy and sounded really complex. THen I learnt how to do pincer and wrist flares, and pretty much stopped doing twiddles and flares,because I thought I was too 'next level' for twiddles and crabs. Now I'm back to doing twiddles and crabs again, because they are actually very useful cuts, and have a different sound to anything else.

Twiddles are good.