FAST 2click orbits!

jsong56

ok ok, i know most peops can do em...sa'll good.

but who can do em FAST yes, but CLEAN?

so far ricci rucker has got the quickest but CLEANEST 2click flare orbits ive ever heard.

when doing these at high speed, does your fader hand TENSE?

or do u have to keep it EXTREMELY relaxed?

with any fast scratch do u need to be a little tense in your fader hand or totally relaxed?

Guest Deeswift

Muscle tension varies depending on the scratch, but ideally you want to be as relaxed as possible.

Yes, I can do 2 clickers fast and clean.

And I'm sick of hearing about Ricci Rucker. It's no suprise that his orbits are clean though, he does that shit in every track. Keep practicing the same combo over and over for 6 years and it'll be fast and clean.

Guest Deeswift

Heh, no not at all, I'd be quite embarrassed, probably. I just seem to read "Ricci Rucker" about 300 times per day on this board, had to comment on it.

I'm diggin this new board skin, btw, but none of you can see it.

Muscle tension varies depending on the scratch, but ideally you want to be as relaxed as possible.

Yes, I can do 2 clickers fast and clean.

And I'm sick of hearing about Ricci Rucker. It's no suprise that his orbits are clean though, he does that shit in every track. Keep practicing the same combo over and over for 6 years and it'll be fast and clean.

I wish people would concentrate more on creating than just gawking over technique. I'm surprised people spend more time talking bout stuff like this than posting their music more :s

www.djveteran.com

Jsong, I believe your answer lies in Dee's post...

Keep practicing the same combo over and over for 6 years and it'll be fast and clean.

However, if you're short on time, then my best advice would be to keep your hand reasonably relaxed. Also, a fader modification might be helpful, as I believe that's what R***i R****r uses (name edited for Dee's sanity's sake) Try the parcel tape or scrape mod, or at the least, the credit card mod. Or use a PnG.

Failing all of this, yo can always speed your cuts up in Cool Edit Pro before posting them on the net.

Failing all of this, yo can always speed your cuts up in Cool Edit Pro before posting them on the net.

:(( :(( :((

Ps: Dee put that skin up for us :@@

Guest Deeswift

:(( @ Chee's post.

Ryan, the skin needs some attention, as there are a few errors which need correcting. I tweaked it quite a bit already man but some more code needs slightly changing. See pics and you'll see the errors:

post-5-1114863849_thumb.png

post-5-1114863860_thumb.png

:(( @ Chee's post.

Ryan, the skin needs some attention, as there are a few errors which need correcting. I tweaked it quite a bit already man but some more code needs slightly changing.

it's fucking great lookin, who made it?

Guest Ryan
Delayed 2 click Flares >>> audio

This sxratch is a throw off between a 2 click flare, chirp, and transform. One of my favorites. The key to this is to do a 2 click flare on the fader slower than you are moving the record. It is very hard to describe, I suggest a listen as the best method of communication. It might sound like a transform or a chirp, but it is neither. With this sxratch you can easily control the pitch of each "chirp" while still maintaining a transform like flow, without using anyone of the techniques known to achieve a transform or a chirp.

jesusususus!

Talk about confusin people, christ :|

I dont think nicks wanted anyone to learn that cut haha

that description is like "its like using a transform and a chirp but not really, like being able to modify chirps to sound like transforms but its actually flares so its not really chirps" this confuse anyone else?

i think its one of the few scratches you have to see to learn, that audio file dont really help

that fuita shit confused me, seems a bit defeatist imo, as you wanna go into other cuts cleanly without massive change in your hand/thumg position...mmmm

lol@ ryan, a bit of deliberatly muddying the waters from the scratch tutorial maybe?

s'all bout chirp-double click-crescent combos at the moment imo