Beating the Proxy.........

Banano

I need your help lads! (particularly any professional server admins ) with the recent departure of our general manager I've been elevated to admin status at work (besides doing tech support, requisitioning, CAD, PR, customer service, returns processing and a smattering of sales) but I find myself confronted by our arseing proxy server.

Before he left, previous admin was installing stuff on my pc and noticed I was logged on to b3ta and the SA forums. Now, prior to this I could go ANYWHERE on the net I pleased, including but not limited to:

www.somethingawful.com

www.cumguzzlingfreaks.com

www.bumrapeisland.co.uk (recommended for anyone who ever read a commando comic and/or defaced a school textbook)

Now I'm getting 403's on so many f**king sites it's not funny - i even had a page refused from dolby.com today which was genuinely concerned with work - lord knows how the technical specs on dolby digital are classed as 'racial or sexual' material.

I need to know how to defeat this - my networky type knowledge stuff is limited - I have an admin password, access to the proxy server, but don't know what I should really be looking for.

I've already tried changing my ip and giving my regular login name admin status but to no avail.....any ideas?

internet options, connections, lan, and unclick enable proxy connection....this may possibly work but as im not IT literate it may not