Replacing RCA's on 1200?

I cut/soldered my own RCA cables + internal ground on my 1200's well over a decade ago, but I'm beginning to get a lot of static whenever I move them around.  They need replacing again I assume.

Has anyone ever modded their 1200 with one of those RCA hubs/port?  I've seen them around on the internet, they're not exactly cheap.

• Like 1

I'm going through the same thing right now, but it gets worse...one of the table's cables is spliced from the red RCA to a yellow (video) one. Consequently, I'm not getting the correct L/R signals into Traktor which is causing a shit show. On top of that, I get static when I cut in analog. I need to take my tables into get serviced, but I seldom play with them as I'm totally focused on my keyboard and drum machine, so it's not really a priority. I still like to skratch and DJ, it's just 3rd on my list.

In any case, you may want to get your RCAs serviced by a professional, if one is nearby.

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, JHouse said:

I'm going through the same thing right now, but it gets worse...one of the table's cables is spliced from the red RCA to a yellow (video) one. Consequently, I'm not getting the correct L/R signals into Traktor which is causing a shit show. On top of that, I get static when I cut in analog. I need to take my tables into get serviced, but I seldom play with them as I'm totally focused on my keyboard and drum machine, so it's not really a priority. I still like to skratch and DJ, it's just 3rd on my list.

In any case, you may want to get your RCAs serviced by a professional, if one is nearby.

Yea, I knew there was noise but I didn't realize how bad it was until I hooked my Serato recently and it couldn't decipher the signal.  I thought it was my needles or the control vinyl but nope, it's def the RCAs.

When I changed the RCA cables years ago I soldered them myself to the PCB.  It's not too difficult of a job since you're touching the tiny tonearm wires.  I just figured is I went with the RCA "hub" I wouldn't have to deal with bad cables for a third time.

1 hour ago, scottie(the)goonie said:

I just figured is I went with the RCA "hub" I wouldn't have to deal with bad cables for a third time.

That's my plan too, and I've heard it works well. I should have mentioned this in my previous response.

And yeah, I tried changing out everything, from my mixer, to needles to even my slipmats. But from what I can tell, it's my RCAs.