Any UKers use a Freesat or Freeview recorder?

Steve

If so, what box are you using, and are you happy with it?

I'm looking into getting one, but there don't seem to be many new products on the market. The Humax Aura is still recommended by some as the best choice, but that's 3 years old now.

Every year I haggle with Virgin Media to get a discount on my monthly bill, and usually I get a pretty healthy one, but I've heard that they're cutting back on offering such deals now. Once my current discount ends in October, my monthly bill will more than double, so I'm looking for alternatives should I not be able to secure another discount.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

ive got a youview recorder it was a talk talk one but when i went to bt the software changed to bt (weird) you get all the freeview channels plus access to the bbc itv c4 c5 players and netflix and amazon prime 

with mine you can record one program and watch another  pause live tv  rewind live tv in the planner if something that you have missed from last week is available to watch it will have a planner button

all this and no money to be payed (unless amazon prime and netflix) 

it all depends on what you watch we dont really do live tv anymore  dont like adverts dont like not being able to binge definately go for a youview recorder has loads more options compared to a freeview and it doesnt matter if its bt or talk talk it will still work just not there paid for parts which you will need to enter a contract and make sure it has a harddrive some do not

• Like 1