Best method for 2 turntable 2 mixer setup?

I feel like I've done this setup before but I've forgotten the best way to do it.

Basically I want to have the main setup + the mixer on the right to scratch on table 2.  I plugged "record out" on mixer 2 into "phono in" on mixer one, but I'm getting a ton of noise.

The XS-8 is super old and has lots of pot static to begin with but I like the innofader.  I can't tell if there's a better way to do this, my old ass RCA cables just suck?

Am I doing this wrong?

2t2m_resize_bc_DV_is_wack.jpg

28 minutes ago, scottie(the)goonie said:

I plugged "record out" on mixer 2 into "phono in" on mixer one, but I'm getting a ton of noise.

This is the problem, because you are not directly connecting a turntable to phono inputs. Try connecting an output from the mixer on the right to a line level input on the mixer on the left.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve said:

This is the problem, because you are not directly connecting a turntable to phono inputs. Try connecting an output from the mixer on the right to a line level input on the mixer on the left.

STEVE FOR PRESIDENT!

Man, whenever I get on the S9 fader it makes me not want to scratch.  I don't like the thick stem caps and the cut just never feels right to me.  Whenever I hop on the shitty XS-8 with the inno I can just sit there and get lost in the cut.  

So I guess I have to switch the selector between serato and line if I want to alternate between DVS and vinyl? 

36 minutes ago, scottie(the)goonie said:

So I guess I have to switch the selector between serato and line if I want to alternate between DVS and vinyl? 

Yeah, that should work. I can't think of a better way to hook this kind of setup up.

And yeah, it's funny how such small physical differences in faders can make such a big difference to your cuts. I think the Pro X Fade is still my favourite fader, in terms of feel and sound.

14 minutes ago, scottie(the)goonie said:

What mixer do you cut on?  I swore you had a HAK back in the days.

Yeah, I had a HAK 310, which was my first proper scratch mixer. I really wanted a 360, but at the time I didn't have a lot of spare cash, so I went with the 310 instead. After a while I swapped the crossfader out for a Pro X Fade.

When the Native Instruments Z2 came out, I sold the HAK to Dopp and bought one of those, which I still have, although I haven't used it in years.

• Like 1