20s/30s Speakeasy Themed Gig

djdiggla

I'm DJing our school's annual fundraiser Gala. Speakeasy themed so that's nice and impossible. I hate obscure themed gigs. Got a few electro swing remixes that should help... just kinda intersperse the tracks here and there since nobody really wants to hear this crap. Anyways, bigger part is the school had a dad's deal yesterday and recognized a new dad... Nick Nack! Pretty cool but I'm also like fuck why am I the one DJing this lol. I always get nerves DJing out but a little more so now. I'm sure it will be fine but in the back of my head I'm certain that I'll trainwreck and then load a song over what's playing already hahah. Something about the crowd being oblivious to my amateur DJ skills was comforting... gotta come correct now! 

• Like 1

That would be great. Last year's was pretty epic. All you can drink (unfortunately at a real venue this time so not gonna happen this year). Put out a request list and my planned radio friendly set went quickly out the window to a 90s hiphop party. It was awesome. Hope this year is even a fraction that level of hype.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...