Internet consumption - Which device/tool do you use

arkei

I've read that alomost 80% of the time, the internet is accessed via mobile phone. Crazy if you ask me. It gives me eyecancer if I have to access the internet via mobile. Plus I got huge hands, which makes it difficult to write. To me accessing the internet via mobile is a step backwards from that point of view. Plus the fact that you get captured too much (like when you watch tv and don't see the time flying by) in this unreal reality is too much for me (I work in IT...so I consume very little internet after work), since you can carry that fucker with you all the time (I sometimes leave it at home, when going out...ah the freedom). Also it's a great pain in the ass, meeting with people who are constantly controlling their mobile phones and/or answer calls/write a tweet etc. I find this very unpersonal and rude towards the others (at least an excuse is mandatory when interrupting the community). 

My time in the internet is with the following devices:

70% via Desktop or Laptop computer

20% via iPad

10% with the eyecancer-giving device called mobile phone

What's your precentage?

• Like 1

For regular web browsing, 99% of the time I use my desktop PC. I don't like using a phone either, cos I like having a big screen and a proper keyboard.

If you break it down by data usage, I bet my TV and Xbox would be pretty high cos of streaming TV shows/movies and downloading games, which can be massive these days.

• Like 1

I mostly hate mobile versions of websites, so I force the desktop version on my phone and end up having to squint and drag the screen around to see things. Still suits me better than the mobile version.

• Thanks 1

Probably 70% phone and 30% PC. Phone is just right there. Week days it's probably 50/50 because I'm at a computer but weekends it's 99% phone. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My daily internet consumption pretty much resembles arkei's...

Given that I work in the web space, when I'm off I really don't want to be "connected." So, I only spend about 2% of my time on my phone, thus about 98% on my laptop. Plus, I live in a beautiful area, so I'd rather stare at nature than a screen.

People text me, but I seldom respond. I'm just not into it, nor being distracted or reading poorly written messages. I got dreams to fulfill, fuckers. Plus, I think it's a huge step backwards  using our thumbs to communicate, when we can just hop on the phone and talk...or hash things out. Beefing through texts is an absolute joke. What could be squashed in 10 minutes may take 10 days through text. Texting is handy though when you're saying something like "yeah, I'll be there in 10." and otherwise keeping it brief. Not trying to hold a conversation though.

Yep, I'm crusty.

• Like 1