Some chalkboard/shop signs I made over the last few years.

scottie(the)goonie

Yo @djdiggla, how are the tacos at that joint? If they're good, and I'm in Austin, I'll check 'em out.

BTW, those signs are f'n hilarious. Still reading them right now...

"Just Baked a Synonym  Bun...Just like the ones Grammar use to bake."

These aren't "Riding Around" listening to music" gas prices.

My mood ring is missing and I don't know how I feel about that.

No one has had a better year than the QR Code...What a comeback.

The Grinch never hated XMAS. He hated people, which is fair.

You're the YEE to my HAW.

• Like 1

Yeah the sign are so good. The tacos are above average but the joint is more about the vibe. Definitely check it out tho and then hit up the neighboring honky tonk Mean Eyed Cat (look for the big heart in the sidewalk near the front door… I did that) and also the absolutely badass piano bar made out of old train cars called Donn’s Depot. I’ll meet you there at 3pm when they open to watch Jeopardy with the regulars any time. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Wow those are sick. It's mind boggling what some people can do with chalk. There was a lady a block over that would recreate famous paintings and Disney characters on the sidewalk during COVID lockdown. Really brightened my day seeing them. The smooth textures and shading is what I can't figure out how they are doing. 

On 10/9/2022 at 10:47 PM, Mista_Ed said:

hey dude

my mate jamie does some seriously amazing freehand shit - hes an OG graf writer from BITD, but mainly does pub signs in the UK these days.

have a quick look man, hes seriously sick at what he does :)

https://www.facebook.com/chalkboardartist

Those are way to nice to be at risk by the general public touching it etc.  If I had those done I would put them behind glass.

On 10/14/2022 at 3:12 AM, djdiggla said:

Wow those are sick. It's mind boggling what some people can do with chalk. There was a lady a block over that would recreate famous paintings and Disney characters on the sidewalk during COVID lockdown. Really brightened my day seeing them. The smooth textures and shading is what I can't figure out how they are doing. 

totally - some folk are just really fuckin talented!! 

On 10/16/2022 at 3:52 AM, scottie(the)goonie said:

Those are way to nice to be at risk by the general public touching it etc.  If I had those done I would put them behind glass.

haha - yeh theyre dope - youd be surprised how quickly he does them too, hes done a bazillion over the years so i guess you get less precious after that amount of time ;)