Microsoft to acquire Activision Blizzard

Steve

Today, Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT) announced plans to acquire Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), a leader in game development and interactive entertainment content publisher. This acquisition will accelerate the growth in Microsoft’s gaming business across mobile, PC, console and cloud and will provide building blocks for the metaverse.

Microsoft will acquire Activision Blizzard for $95.00 per share, in an all-cash transaction valued at $68.7 billion, inclusive of Activision Blizzard’s net cash. When the transaction closes, Microsoft will become the world’s third-largest gaming company by revenue, behind Tencent and Sony. The planned acquisition includes iconic franchises from the Activision, Blizzard and King studios like “Warcraft,” “Diablo,” “Overwatch,” “Call of Duty” and “Candy Crush,” in addition to global eSports activities through Major League Gaming. The company has studios around the word with nearly 10,000 employees.

https://news.microsoft.com/2022/01/18/microsoft-to-acquire-activision-blizzard-to-bring-the-joy-and-community-of-gaming-to-everyone-across-every-device/

Oh, and lol.....

iN3ctbG.jpg

🤦‍♂️

I'm up ~25% on $ATVI. Current price is ~$82/share... $21/share short of their 52-week high. Floated price is all-cash $75B. Current outstanding shares are 778.89M so $MS is paying $96/29/share which is also under their 52-week so great deal for them. Thinking hold. IIRC the CEO got hit last Nov with me too charges. Stock dropped heavy so i bought. 

lol

I once met a man named Rolla Long Jr. Not kidding. What's amazing is that grandpa decided to fuck with his kid and name him Roll Long then dad decided to one up him! A name joke two generations in the making!