Dunkey: Battlefield 2077

Steve

EA is taking the piss (again) with this game. This kind of shit might be just about acceptable in a free to play game, but this is a full-priced game. Worse than that, in fact, cos if you want the version for the current consoles, you have to pay £10 extra for it, so it's an incredibly buggy £70 game with no single player story mode, limited multiplayer modes, no server browser, no persistent lobbies, no proper classes as now anyone can revive anyone else etc. etc. This shit didn't even launch with voice chat. A team-based shooter that doesn't even have fucking voice chat! lol.

Once again, it also exposes how broken video game journalism is. Journos were invited to a 3 day event to play this game for review. An event that EA got to tightly control. They weren't given a copy of the game to play in real world circumstances in the same way that we'd play the game if we bought it right now. For video game websites, it's vital to get their reviews out ASAP because they need clicks. They can't let other sites beat them to the punch. On top of that, their core advertisers are the very companies making the games they are reviewing.

At least it will be added to EA Play at some point down the line, and by then hopefully it will be patched up to a point where it actually resembles the gameplay trailers.

• Haha 1

Did any of you guys buy this game?

The last 3 "AAA" games I've bought have all had tons of problems, technical and otherwise.

Though I was genius for getting Ubisoft+ ($15/month) so I can get Farcry 6.  Turns out that the Ubi launcher causes crashes with every single game they offer.  I have to do an absurd amount of tweaks to get the game to run for an hour.  After 5 hours I've come to realize FC6 is just boring and uninspiring.  Graphics are somehow worse than FC5 and FC4!

I avoided the new COD games because of all the issues I had running MW3.  I was hyped for Deathloop (I loved Dishonored), fail.  I was hyped for BF (I loved BF1) and then saw all the glitches...

Nah. I was gonna give it a go via the 10 hour full game trial you get with EA Play, given that I have Game Pass Ultimate and EA Play is included in that, but it looks so shit I haven't bothered.

The last AAA game I pre-ordered was Forza Horizon 5, which is also buggy as shit. The bulk of it is playable, but there's lots of annoying little bugs.

Before FH5, I can't remember what the last AAA game was that I either pre-ordered or bought at launch.