NEW RANE ONE DJ CONTROLLER

savwar

If gigs return this year I'm in the market for a new controller, and would love something like this. Glad i didn't pull the trigger on a DDJ 1000SRT.

I thought Pioneer would have been the first to do this.

EFX are only the Serato software ones, which is a bit of a shame.

Not sure I love where the Pitch controllers are.

I always though that Rane should have brought out a standalone mini version of the rane 12. 10" not small enough for portability, 7" might have even been a bit too small, there would have been nothing wrong with going somewhere in the middle.

Yeah i've been using a pioneer DDJ SR for gigs where there's no turntables, and I'm not arsed bringing mine, and I was probably going to upgrade if gigs had not been cancelled last year. one of the platters occasionally loses sensitivity, and occasionally the cues freakout.

I've had some dodgy but also relieving recovery moments due to it. On more than one occasion I'll notice that it's about to happen and I won't be able to put on the next tune, so i've kept dropping the tune out for the first chorus teasing the singalong, so as soon as the  2nd chorus hits and the crowd join in i'm able to reset it and restart and cue up another tune just in time for the end of the singing.  One of those moments where no one knows or gives a fuck, but you are ultimately very proud of yourself for keeping shit together.

Interested to see the Pioneer Response (Jon rolls in with a Beta test routine hopefully), and also Reloop might pop up with one for less then a grand this year too.

• Like 1

I do like the compact nature of it, at the moment I am using a single Rane 12 and a Scratchbox. I was contemplating adding another Rane 12 to make mixing a bit more mentally easy and accessible (I just toggle to the 2nd virtual deck).

I also wanted a real turntable next to it for actually listening to records, but at that point I'm pretty much out of desk space.

Maybe 10 year ears ago, I had a Denon DN-S3500 for a short while, I really liked it.  The only thing that sucked was the sound quality.

Recently, I randomly met a dude at work that has one of those PT-01's, but his was customized and kitted out.  Scratching on the 7 inch is actually really fun b/c it takes way less muscle to do the same things.  Not sure if I'd like that size for mixing, but for scratching it's pretty awesome.

post a review for us once you played with it for a while.  i know its just an updated ns7 in rane packaging.  coming from rane is really what makes it intresting.  its over priced for a 2 channel in my personal opinion.  considering NI has the s4 priced at $999 also with rotating platters and 4 channels.  But then again, Rane has always been out of my budget.

Will do, It seems to be the controller I've been waiting for. I really like the MC7000 but I really do miss the feel of vinyl but like i said above I haven't got the space for a proper setup these days. I've looked at the S4 a lot but the software is falling behind and it seems NI have lost interest in it with the recent shake up, there was rumours they wanted to sell it off and A&H was interested but there's been nothing else about it.

Fair play. i dont really need to pull the trigger since there's no sign of gigs for a few months. So i am interested to see what Reloop and Pioneer might do before I do.

But obviously no harm going straight in on one of these, it's bound to be pretty class

Sorry to hear about your work situation Dan, never fun having potential redundancies lurking. My man cave refurb should finally be done around mid February. I'm going to see what kind of space I have for various gadgets and then decide whether to go down the Rane One route.

Cheers mate, it's fucking shit. There was already redundancies about 6 months ago and now it looks like there is more coming. It's the not knowing that's the worst, I've been put on "flexi-furlough" so I'm only working half my hours now. Been at the company just over 15 years but it's a small manufacturer that mainly does aerospace work and as there isn't much air travel the orders have tanked.   

The One was going to be something nice after a wank year - not seen much of the family and girlfriend has been working crazy hours (NHS) - looks like it'll have to go on hold.

• 1 month later...