My Magnum Opus (so far)

https://youtu.be/oy_St7Vn-9I

Spent my Coronavirus time quitting drinking and thus finishing episode 1 of a cinematic that I started almost a year earlier.

I put a lot more effort into writing and storytelling this time. Ended up re-shooting a lot of things (instead of just trying to get it done) but I think it was worth it.

This cinematic was inspired by some drama/thrillers I watched this year (Parasite, Dark, Get Out). Hope you guys like it!

• Like 5

Really cool. Tell me more about it... like how you made it and stuff. Are you using footage clips from games? I'm not a Skyrum player looks like what i've sen of that game. How many episodes do you plan to make?

• Like 1

Hey guys - the game is called Mordhau, which is a super difficult Medieval sword fighting game. It's probably the most fun game I've ever been bad at.

You can record demos of your gameplay and replay them later and record with whatever screen capture software you like.

The unique thing about Mordhau is the the attention to detail. You can customize the facial expressions of your player (opposed to just their clothing and gear). You can also run custom maps and private servers (so there is no limit to where/when I want to shoot). I might have 6 versions of the same character with slightly different facial expressions for doing scenes with shot / reverse shot. I simply shoot the same scene again with a different version of the character.

The game has a "cinema camera" in the replay mode that lets you change camera things like aperture and focus to make it look more cinematic. Normally, first person games try to put everything in focus instead of selecting a subject.

It was originally going to be a 30 minute movie but I realized after I shot everything that I didn't develop enough of a story, so I'm going at it one episode at a time.

• Like 1