Hanpin turntables - sticky film on the bottom

I know that I've read something about this issue once but can't remember where. I have two Reloop 6000's and they have this very sticky film on the bottom which is a bit disgusting. Does anybody know what causes it and how to remove it safely?

And no, it wasn't me - I bought them that way and others have reported this problem as well. ;)

it's the cheap coating applied to the rubber bottom case that is degrading and turns into that sticky material. I read you can clean it with iso but I've not tried. My AA HTD4.5 (also Hanpin) have that also. They didn't think their turntables would last 10 years it seems.

Edited by neks
  • Like 1

Be carefull with touching that, it's softener coming out of the plastic.

It's the plastic itself which is decaying, you cant solve it with isopropanol.

Don't wanna cause more frightening idea's besides the one we already have today, but normally when you touch or use stuff things regularly(like rotary knobs) you dont notice this cuz everytime you take a bit away.

When leaving it untouched for a longer period, the softener stays at the surface and starts to become sticky

My friend bought this NOS vestax controller, and it had totally sticky knobs sincee it was boxed for 10years or so

This has been questioned a few years ago and some regulations were made, but the thing can affect your internal systems, depending on the materials used.

• Like 1

Yeah my Numark tt does this on the main body. It's fucking gross. At first I cleaned it off with alcohol but just gave up on it. @cutdisco you think it has toxic off-gassing?? Never really thought a lot about it :wacko:

It has been topic in various discussions, its depending on the materials which where used but its impossible today to trackdown what was used 10 years ago

I would be carefull with it in general, in China the producers of plastics don't really take care of the effects