Rappers or DJs who try and sound smart, but sound full of shit

Steve

For me, RZA is a prime example of this, for instance: -

I've gained knowledge of self from the age of 11 from my cousin the GZA. He taught me supreme mathematics and supreme alphabets, and that's gave me a code of thinking and an ideology of how to apply numbers to words and how to think and act in that formation.

If your mate said this to you down the pub after one too many, you'd be like "WTF are you talking about you pissed up cunt?", but nobody calls out folks like this in interviews.

KRS-One is probably the worst, but there has to be more examples......

• Like 4

RZA also claimed to have invented DVS (because of his joint-venture with inventor André Rickli)

KRS...as much as I like(d) him is full of shit in that repertoire. Constant adaption of stuff he said, without acknowledgement (and once the next album drops it's like it has always been like this).

Jay-Z as a former crack-dealer should just STFU forever. How many kids of parents has he indirectly killed by having been a crack-dealer and this even though they had it good at home relatively speaken (he admitted it and said the earned money went into buy stuff...uppening your mojo through crack-addicts). One of the most stupid human being human-being-wise

But still...you should see some of these swiss-german and even worse them german gangster rappers...it's hard to explain. Take a country who has it relatively good, but gangster-rappers still feeling a need for a gangsterish area. That's German Gangster Rap the lowest of the low

• Like 3

I've gained knowledge of self from the age of 11 from my cousin the GZA. He taught me supreme mathematics and supreme alphabets, and that's gave me a code of thinking and an ideology of how to apply numbers to words and how to think and act in that formation.

If your mate said this to you down the pub after one too many, you'd be like "WTF are you talking about you pissed up cunt?", but nobody calls out folks like this in interviews.

Well it's 5%er talk. Which does sound pretty weird usually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five-Percent_Nation

I love his Cazal glasses. Those are freaking expensive.

• Like 1

great point. that shit really annoys me.

Obviously Rza is clever in a huge amount of ways, beat maker, getting shit done, built a great career.

but yes that sentence is a load of wanky attempts at being profound to describe your own amazing intelligence. plop

if he was challenged on that sentence, there would be a claim that it's all secret shit, or it would be a stuttery continuation of horeshit vagueness.

I can't actually bring myself to watch any further.

There's a huge difference between true intelligence and being able to express yourself in what Western culture deems to be "proper". RZA is pretty damn smart but he was not raised or schooled to fit into the mold of what we commonly expect from intellectuals. I'm sure that if any of use were placed in his situation we would not have achieved what he has. I actually appreciate that he's not trying to speak the common tongue. If he did, he'd be faking it, and most people wouldn't have listened to his music. Of the handful of successful artists I've met in real life, it seems like most of them are pretty smart and usually have extraordinary drive. I used to think they kind of lucked into stardom, and while I think luck is huge, these people also had the intelligence and drive to seize the opportunity and build on it.

As for the numbers and code, all that 5%er stuff goes pretty deep with these dudes. I don't necessarily buy into it or understand it, but it's heavily thought-out and can operate as a "code" that one can use for self-betterment. Any religion sounds equally crazy to somebody who hasn't bought in.

What really baffles ME, are these rappers who came up in "proper" Western culture, with all the schooling required to express themselves in "proper" English, and yet they decide to try to speak like the RZA in their interviews.

• Like 3

His supreme mathematics sound interesting - anybody knows a good text book on that matter?

1:30 "Scientists say that the earth's been spinning for billions of years. I say trillions!"

The interviewer seems to agree by grunting affirmatively, so I'm also convinced now.

Another plus: since the earth is now a thousand times older, Steve is comparatively young.

I'll go and pack my bags.

• Like 3

Some comments to help you understand: -

Even as a child I never really seen Zero as a mere "number"...it allows an INFINITE CONTINUATION..so its more of a concept of EXPANSION as opposed to what The Roped Peons tried to drill in my head as "nothing".

You can get a pen and pad and look at every number and letter and you can alll day create . 369 are significant in golden ratio fibornacci phi .

Reading the description,Being A reflection of GOD and having knowledge of self, 0 is the beginning of all things and not 1

Best episode thus far and I didn't even watch it yet

Hopefully it's clear now.

• Like 1

But still...you should see some of these swiss-german and even worse them german gangster rappers...it's hard to explain. Take a country who has it relatively good, but gangster-rappers still feeling a need for a gangsterish area. That's German Gangster Rap the lowest of the low

I totally loose it haha, when i accidently stumble upon these german 'hood' videos, some rappers with a 100+ plus persons surrounding them with dogs & motorbikes and G-classes

The higher the numbers, the lower the selfesteem as it seems. And than the Bushido story, when the real gangsters were coming for him, he was asking for police protection...aaw fck i'm not even german haha

Rappping was supposed to, to get out of the hood, not your ticket to get into the hood.

• Like 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1PrAOtxDBc

Some comments to help you understand: -

Even as a child I never really seen Zero as a mere "number"...it allows an INFINITE CONTINUATION..so its more of a concept of EXPANSION as opposed to what The Roped Peons tried to drill in my head as "nothing".

You can get a pen and pad and look at every number and letter and you can alll day create . 369 are significant in golden ratio fibornacci phi .

Reading the description,Being A reflection of GOD and having knowledge of self, 0 is the beginning of all things and not 1

Best episode thus far and I didn't even watch it yet

Hopefully it's clear now.

Good - got it.

My wife's a Maths teacher - she'd have a field day with this bollocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3bDssxVczY

I love the idea of the RZA spouting this tosh in the pub. 'Just ignore him lads - he gets like this when he's had a few zambucas.'

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Back to Rza... I don't think he sounds dumb he just sounds like a Five-Percenter. I think it's kinda interesting to hear them speak. Like some street buddism sorta shit. Hiphop borrowed loads of Five-Percenter terminology... God/Gs, cipher, dropping science, word is bond, peace, build/destroy, represent, etc. Back to Rza, it may sound dumb or corny to an outsider but golden era hiphop wouldn't exist without the Nation. If Rza sounds dumb then I guess hiphop sounds dumb too. :unsure:

Estee Nack is a Lynn, Massachusetts-based rapper who tells me this while recalling the beginnings of his decade-plus involvement with the organization known as the Nation of Gods and Earths, or the Five Percenters (or sometimes the Five Percent Nation). The language he’s talking about includes terms familiar to any hip-hop fan, among them “peace,” “word,” “God” and its shortened form “G,” and even the ubiquitous crossed-arms b-boy stance. You know the Five Percenters and their ideas, even if you think you don’t.

https://www.complex.com/music/2018/11/five-percenters-dominated-raps-golden-age-can-they-return-to-prominence

• Like 2

^^^EXACTLY! lol.

Reminds me... do you have Dr. Bronner's soap? The label is absolutely insane. I actually met his son (and current owner of the company) one time. Was really nice. Had some very interesting concepts about payscale ratios within a company and so on. He confirmed he dad was defo nuts but also brilliant. In and out of institutions. Blind. But created a soap empire.

soap-label.jpg

More: https://www.themakeyourownzone.com/whats-weird-label-dr-bronners-soap/