Custom Headshell Wires

They can't, it has been proven time and time again, a wire is a wire is a wire, or even a coathanger is a wire as was the case.

Nahhh,

I'm all about the million quid HDMI cable buzz.

• Like 1

If you want fancy wires, just get the Audio Technica AT6101. Can be found for $10-15.

Is there any point to them? I've never had an issue with the standard wires that M44-7 carts come with, and I'm sceptical that these cables can "improve the sound and performance".

The electrical characteristics of the wires between cartridge and phono preamp can affect the frequency response (this is backed with actual science). However, wires do not need to be made by esoteric materials in moonlight by a 100 year old sensei to have those properties, and summed with the rest of the tonearm cable, these little bits hardly matter.

But I use the aforementioned AT6101 on my hifi carts. Can I hear a difference between those and a $5 set of no-name leads? I don't know, but I'll spend those extra $10 on a $400 cartridge, just for the feelgood-factor. Power cables? 100% correct loading for M44-7's? Who gives a shit.

Edited by virak
  • Like 3

Is there any point to them? I've never had an issue with the standard wires that M44-7 carts come with, and I'm sceptical that these cables can "improve the sound and performance".

I guess some people have issues with theirs breaking?? IDK... never had a problem myself. Also I'd say if audio quality was your primary focus you probably wouldn't be using 447s or a similar scratch needle.

• Like 1