Numark Scratch

For $500/£420 it looks great, although they really should include time-coded records with it. Soldering the line faders in is a bit meh too.

Ignoring the really cheap mixers that nobody really wants, it's weird that there's no middle ground with scratch DJ mixers. I mean, if there was a version of this that had mini-Innofaders for all 3 faders, with proper curve/reverse on all of them, I would pay an extra £100-£200 or so for that, but it seems like you either have to have a mixer with a decent crossfader only and basic/no curve/reverse controls, or you have to go for the super high end mixers that cost 3X as much as this or more.

• Like 1

For $500/£420 it looks great, although they really should include time-coded records with it. Soldering the line faders in is a bit meh too.

Ignoring the really cheap mixers that nobody really wants, it's weird that there's no middle ground with scratch DJ mixers. I mean, if there was a version of this that had mini-Innofaders for all 3 faders, with proper curve/reverse on all of them, I would pay an extra £100-£200 or so for that, but it seems like you either have to have a mixer with a decent crossfader only and basic/no curve/reverse controls, or you have to go for the super high end mixers that cost 3X as much as this or more.

Exactly what I was thinking. Also, bit odd to call it the Scratch and then not have those features on it.

Would't it be an idea to make 'modular' mixers, so you can add features on personal preferences, provide few casings for either 2 or 4 channel mixers etc

Choose an amount of buttons, brand of x-fader, choose an onboard soundcard and so on

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This seems like a pretty good mixer to me because I don't need curve and reverse on line faders. But I've always been a bit envious of people with pads and effect sections on their mixers. The old Rane 57 is the most high tech mixer I've ever owned, I have to admit, though. :)

The more I think about the Numark, the lack of AUX in and only one pair of inputs per channel means no hooking up a phone or other device for loopers, for scratch practicing or for backup on gigs, is a real deal killer.

Ohh, I didn't catch that.. Well, that sucks. Why do so many companies skimp on such a cheap feature? It's not only important for scratch guys - have they never deejayed at a wedding where five drunk guests were waving their cell phones with their favorite songs at them? I don't want to pollute my laptop with Single Ladies or Quit Playing Games With My Heart. That's what the Aux-In is for... :@@