Handy Trax Power Problem Battery Works P/S Won't

stingray

Hey guys! Been a minute since I posted here but thought this would be the best place.

I recently bought my 3rd HandyTrax, this one a USB version and it seems that the power supplies that I am using for my other 2 won't work for this new one. They are simple 12vDC wall adapters.

I was diagnosing the new turntable and noticed that direct power using this adapter to the motor turned the motor, then I connected directly onto where the batteries would connect and it worked.

I am getting 12v dc on the other side of the jack so I know it's not a bad jack.

1. Am I just using the wrong adapter? It does say 12v AC on ALL 3 of my handytrax' but my DC adapters work on the other 2. Can anyone confirm they official Handy Trax power supplies are AC?

2. I know it's a super simple circuit, all the traces look good, all solder joints look fine, no burnt components etc. Is there something obvious that I could try and replace like a resistor/cap/diode?

3. Even more confusing, some pictures of HandyTrax power supplies on google show that they are Ring Positive / Tip Negative. I will test this in a little bit by switching polarity. Edit: Tested polarity, nothing. Now almost certain it needs an AC p/s. I find it odd that the older models will work with a DC power supply but the new one doesn't.

I tested with my 07 AC power supply, still same results. So now my guess again is a bad component on that board. Power switch works etc. Any known problems with that transistor?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by stingray