Reloop-RP-8000 MK2

I never really care about new turntables...but I admit, I would like to take this one for a drive..built-in MIDI platter control is finally back ya'll , that and all the other features are giving a big middle finger to those new 1200's lol....thoughts?

middle_top.jpg

https://djworx.com/the-reloop-rp-8000-mk2-another-day-another-black-turntable/?fbclid=IwAR0aQ3v1-nENM2WWYylnbY3AVlkYcZawlVuCTnFqO-4tyi5Ffdr__cgkxuE

MSRP: 599,99 € | US$ 699,99 | £525.00

Gotta admit feature wise this is right up my street, I would of loved to of seen a real deal C1 update killer vs cramming pitch platter features into the body of an existing model/OEM but they've kept the price at an affordable level by going this way. I feel the combination of a the new Button Box V2 and a midi modded PDX 2300 (for the pitch jog stick) is more of a challenge to a C1 than this Reloop deck.

The Pitch Platter play isn't really the biggest draw for me, Ive been mucking around with midi platter control for years and for the most part I find its super useful for jamming/figuring stuff out and then I bounce out notes to cues or make riffs/melodies files etc... vs having to fuck with epic platter speed changes which suck for scratching. But the flexibility of having this stuff built directly into a turntable is gonna be mad useful.

What excites me about this turntable is we could finally have a newly released Super OEM deck that challenges the existing best OEM deck = Stanton STR8-150 (IMO). Considering the MK2 8000 has been heavily developed with Dj Brace I feel confident that Reloop will have righted the wrongs that exist in all the other OEM decks, time will tell.

Only concerns for me are more software based, the level of Serato integration could signify that eventual plug n play native support for the pad modes with Traktor will be a pipe dream, so I'm keen to learn if the LED output across all the pad modes are hardwired vs being able to control LED on/off with custom mappings from Traktor. Recently I've been using DVS capable mixers without dedicated software controls which means using extra controllers for Traktor, so the midi stuff on this deck would be a big plus.

I've been wanting to buy a new turntable for what seems like an eternity now, love my PDX but beyond scratching it sucks at everything else (build/sound quality etc...) and at 10+ years old I'd like to stop relying on my PDX for the weekly heavy work loads.

Gonna give it at least a 6months to a year before I consider investing in one, plus Im hopeful a straight arm version might drop at some point.

• Like 2

Whats the difference between the ST.150 and ST8-150?

Wasn't there some deal with a company stealing Reloop's designs and making knockoffs or maybe it was the other way around.

Yeah I have the Stanton G1 STR8-100 which was made before the STR8-150 (I think?..it's the silver version and I only see the 150 in black? not sure what other differences there are/were?) and it is a great deck to use even going on 20 years running, so much torque, even now (also built in +/- 25 pitch)..but I totally agree that a straight arm version of the new Reloop deck should happen..even if it doesn't, they already make a straight RP-8000 tonearm deck..so I'm thinking just getting that tone arm and switching it out wouldn't be too crazy, but I'm just totally getting ahead of myself I'm sure lol..I think the local Guitar Centers here will likely sell these once they do come out ..so I will be messing with this heavily and if I like it ..maybe time for an upgrade..after 20 years smh

• Like 2

I swear there was a silver version of the STR8-150 that wasn't around for long.

The STR8-100 was based on a lower model of Hanpin deck, so it had less than half the torque of a 150. It had a couple of pitch bend buttons, which the 150 did not have. The 150 model that was around for the longest (the dark blue one that looks black in certain lighting conditions) had 2 start/stop buttons and knobs for adjusting both the start up and brake speeds, none of which the 100 had.

Has anyone tried the M2 version of the STR8-150? It looks like a nice update to the design, but I'm wondering how solid it feels in comparison.

• Like 1

I swear there was a silver version of the STR8-150 that wasn't around for long.

The STR8-100 was based on a lower model of Hanpin deck, so it had less than half the torque of a 150. It had a couple of pitch bend buttons, which the 150 did not have. The 150 model that was around for the longest (the dark blue one that looks black in certain lighting conditions) had 2 start/stop buttons and knobs for adjusting both the start up and brake speeds, none of which the 100 had.

Has anyone tried the M2 version of the STR8-150? It looks like a nice update to the design, but I'm wondering how solid it feels in comparison.

There is/was - I have one. Its sort of metallic grey with the older Stanton logo that looks like a tramp stamp from the 90s.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I have the Stanton G1 STR8-100 which was made before the STR8-150 (I think?..it's the silver version and I only see the 150 in black? not sure what other differences there are/were?) and it is a great deck to use even going on 20 years running, so much torque, even now (also built in +/- 25 pitch)..but I totally agree that a straight arm version of the new Reloop deck should happen..even if it doesn't, they already make a straight RP-8000 tonearm deck..so I'm thinking just getting that tone arm and switching it out wouldn't be too crazy, but I'm just totally getting ahead of myself I'm sure lol..I think the local Guitar Centers here will likely sell these once they do come out ..so I will be messing with this heavily and if I like it ..maybe time for an upgrade..after 20 years smh

isn't funny how a lot of these tables are still up and kicking. I remember all of the 1200 vs <enter random super OEM here> debates. the biggest claim was how the 1200's last for years. but i see you had your stantons for 20 years. shit, i got a pair of gemini pt 1000's that i've had for 19 years that still work. and i bought them used. my ttx's are about 16 years old. so yeah, that kinda blows the 1200 theory out the water.

but on another note, zetrik i'm jealous that your guitar center actually has turntables to demo. mines only have controllers. so i've never even seen the mk1 reloop tables besides on the internet.

• 1 month later...

isn't funny how a lot of these tables are still up and kicking. I remember all of the 1200 vs <enter random super OEM here> debates. the biggest claim was how the 1200's last for years. but i see you had your stantons for 20 years. shit, i got a pair of gemini pt 1000's that i've had for 19 years that still work. and i bought them used. my ttx's are about 16 years old. so yeah, that kinda blows the 1200 theory out the water.

but on another note, zetrik i'm jealous that your guitar center actually has turntables to demo. mines only have controllers. so i've never even seen the mk1 reloop tables besides on the internet.

So update on this...my GC also only has controllers out on display as well now..hadn't been up there in a while, so was not aware of that...yeah..boo