Shape of Ahh

Efhutton

having became interested in "the shapes that nature chooses", "the proportions" and the shape of the egg, the pine cone, tornadoes, infinite regression, etc.

it occurred to me, as I was trying to give a quick class in "where I find these scratch samples" (Sc5000 scratching at the san jose GC)

that the shape I look for when scrolling through audio files, looking for stuff that will scratch well, is the oval, or triangle, or mix of the two.

and Ahh has this shape, too

the reason it felt possibly meaningful, was that i frequently wonder why we do this.

my theories began with simply "touching sound" but have moved to "controlling time"

I can't really pull any more meaning out of all of this, but I thought some of you might have some insights or experiences. I guess I just hope that all this messing with these sounds has some importance.

(around this time i also started looking at the golden mean growth pattern which appears to grow by 2/3 or 66.6, which made me wonder if that number is the victim of a smear campaign to hide the real number of life. so maybe we're being called to tinker with this ahh sample by someone or something that knows something we don't, and those sounds have some ability to create)

Edited by Efhutton
  • Like 1

The connection tot nature is interesting,...when i see rippled sand, i realize that planet lightyears away from us have this too.

Somehow than, the universe is less abstract to me...

About the shape, thats amplitude visualized in a waveform

the Fresh in my mind is 2 parts, lets say a little hill first(FRE>) and afterwards the flatline (>SHHH) :-P

Edited by cutdisco
  • Like 1

Maybe fresh is a cross-section of a full torroid, where ahh is only a cross-section of one half of a torroid.

I think this might be one of those ah-hah deals where when were in the old folks home, this will finally makes sense.

Its just gotta be elemental in some way

Wait, you think the digital waveform as displayed by a technology that was created by one persons decision to “make audio waveforms look like this” has some relationship to the infinite shape forming of nature ?

Aaaah has no visible shape that you can see or comprehend, it has a bunch of possible views created by another bunch of calculations that at this point in time have little at all to do with nature and possibly no basis in reality because of our near caveman like understanding of anything, what we call hi tech, not so much.

Thanks Dan, your post encouraged me to share my poem that I wrote way back in Montmartre when I was going by the name of Beatnique Tonpère:

Beautiful resurgence Nebulon Zeta
its thundering quiescence
elucidating Astro's Hydroplane.

As the vessel of stellar serenity
traverses our wretched, teared orbit
poor Mandelbrot exclaims
Omegaluldafuqwasthat?

The choirs of Cambodia
imbibe its essence
with frenetic callousness
as they resume their joyful lament:

When will they change the beat?
Fab Five Freddy
FFF

• Like 3

Ahh does have a shape, a decreasing amplitude over time. Its like a mini-tone with incremental pitch shifts built in.

Whats another way to graph decreasing/time?

Im all for pulse energy theories, as soon as possible, and moving paste wave theories, but I cant say that waves visualizations are arbitrary just yet. As most energy moves across time, it should dissipate inward and/or outword and create that triangle/egg shape if graphed.

Im guessing that ahh works well for scratching, because it can be expanded, yet retain its ratio.

Whats another way to graph decreasing/time?

Maybe this? https://academo.org/demos/spectrum-analyzer/

bOTkqCs.jpg

I guess that Ahhh is just so good because it has a sharp attack and is rather long without any gaps. It cuts through the mix but there are not that many piercing high frequencies. Also it's a handy that there's so much white noise and no real pitch so you can use it pretty much always.

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

the golden mean growth pattern which appears to grow by 2/3 or 66.6,

wow didn't know that. that's really interesting to know given that 33.33 is the standard RPM

All those waveforms lost in time,like tears in the rain...

gangster

• Like 1