Need help Serato/Rane issues!

Max

I'm experiencing a weird issue with this second hand 62 I picked up and am not sure if it's caused by A) Me, B) Serato DJ, or C) The 62. Sometimes a kind of effect appears out of nowhere. IDK what it is but the best way I can describe it is "watery." Of course I have the effects turned off. Whenever this happens another weird thing also happens at the same time (not sure if they always happen together or just sometimes), which is that the platter indicator only tracks forward (regardless of whether I move the record forwards or backwards, it moves forwards in time). Sometimes I can trigger it by picking up the needle and dropping it elsewhere on the record (yes, I'm in abs mode). Other times that doesn't make it happen. I'm lost.

Frankly I have no idea how to troubleshoot this, but here's what I've tried:

A) Factory reset the FX unit in the 62 per some official Rane youtube video instructions.

B) Using different control vinyl.

C) Reloading the track (eject, drag and drop again). Weird shit continues after I reload.

D) Restart the mixer

E) Update the firmware

F) Restart Serato DJ

G) Use USB i/o B instead of A

H) Different USB cable

HALP

Have a look at the oscilloscope thing in the setup maybe? If it isnt a vague circle and is twisted and shit its likely the needles or maybe even the phono cables. Worth a check

was gonna say, maybe post a screenshot of your settings tab, with the scopes visable. perhaps a buzz/hum is affecting the analog signal somewhere.

also - are you sure all the power is ok? as in, right plug/voltage/frequency for your conutry? sometimes having the wrong power supply will result in stuff kinda working, but being really weird..... but normally i'd assume (with a mixxer at least) it would work or not work....