M.C. Escher

chile

Guest Deeswift

It'd be hard to do that shit on a digital art program such as Photoshop, never mind draw it.

** As you may have noticed, Chile, I have had to edit these posts to include thumbnails rather than full sized pics. The board is horrible to use if the tables are stretched. Do you have the ability to add attachments? That's how you get the thumbnails which will be full size once clicked. Not sure if members can add attachments at the momet, but if so, could you do this? Cheers.

yeah, i have no doubts what so ever that escher had a complete photographic memory.. his ability to morpth concepts together seamlessly makes him so unique too.. the man ate genius' for breakfast.

lol i feel like an art lecturer... :| salvidor, escher and di vinci are the only artists i know resonably well though.. an some van gogh.. but he doesnt appeal to me that much, my dad used to make me go to see his art, lol.

Guest Mike Reezy

I got this one on my back, shoulder to shoulder, I was originally going to get a small infinty symbol, but then I saw this, and having always liked Escher, I was all about it.

I'm actually trying to build a 3d model of this

Guest Deeswift
lol i feel like an art lecturer... :| salvidor, escher and di vinci are the only artists i know resonably well though.. an some van gogh.. but he doesnt appeal to me that much, my dad used to make me go to see his art, lol.

I can kinda understand it, but what I like about Van Gogh is his paintings were 100% unmistakably his. No one painted with those kind heavy brush strokes. It's like Mixmaster Mike. He isn't the greatest, most technically amazing DJ on the planet, but you cannot mistake his sound for anyone elses. That's a great thing, and probably outweighs any shortcomings. Individuality. Bold, original style. My mother is a great painter, she loves Van Gogh. Maybe she sees something else that I don't. We've had endless amounts of conversations about art, and she has pointed out things I just didn't think of, often in abstract art. I don't enjoy much abstract stuff, but she can appreciate a couple of patches of simple colour as much as a technically astounding and detailed picture. That's just love for colour overall. It's like her drug in the same way that music is mine. She understands the reason why that abstract stuff was done, and it was done because at the time it went against the grain. People were trying to paint like photographs. Soulless and uninspiring. Abstract art was rebellious and needed to be there. The punk rock of the art world? Kasimir Malevich was the Johnny Rotten of paint!