Tactile Scratch Control / Records

Guest Symatic

i also really wanna find out how to do this technique but no one seems to do it any more, this tracks from the 80's:

i also really wanna find out how to do this technique but no one seems to do it any more, this tracks from the 80's:

This is fresh, 3rd man records did a release a few years back so someone is doing it, had it on the list of ideas....If I remember right. It was, laser etch after the record is cut, they adjust the laser power so it is barely etching the top of the grooves...or they laser etch the design and then cut the music over it...

With the Tactile Record I had to do the "Focus" first and the cut the texture lines over it. The text is still visible and texture being the important part is really pronounced...

In regards to the Poko thing don't shoot the messenger here...The originator came from the Lathe Trolls forum back in 2013, It's how I planned to aling scratch sounds to records and was a little nown process. They call it Groove Graphics...

I did a post back in Febuary on the FB Mod group, pointing it out along with a few other coolness that is out there...

Since the graphics is actually sound converted, one can align the graphics with the 1.8 sec skip-proof technique...

To date nobody has done it, since I'm not active pressing vinyl figured someone should do it and put it out there....

Anywho, link to the mastering service after the jump...Thud will be all over this so runnnnn hahah :-)...

Now in regards to the Tactile Scratch / Control Records...The grooves need to be deeper then what these laser etched and pressed graphics give imo.

The deeper the more pronounced but this is the kind of trial and error I'm hoping we can figure out through Scratch Nerdos experimenting.

These Custom Tactile records I am making, I do a few passes over the same lines/graphics to deepend the groove...

That's why it take 45 minutes...There is definitely a seperation between etched records for cosmetics and etched for Tactile Feedback...

Both are fresh and need more Scratch Nerd Science applied...These old school rockers not seeing what we seeing haha :-)...

The most effecient and less expensive process the better so it's accesible to any independent artist...

Groove Graphics...

http://www.groovegraphics.net/

Edited by Focus
  • Like 1

Can you uploade a pic of your mod?

No. Ive learned that lesson.

WTF, Ahh, not sure what this means, can you clarify?

The point is to start a movement and come up with some coo scratch ish, that's why I share things and even show my

design books to get the wheels flowing and brain juices going...

Are you saying you don't want to share what you have so far cuase someone

will bite your ish? If that's what you are implyint then we are done home skillet...:-)..

You don't see the irony?...

Post a file foo, this ain't your personal forum with free consulation, it's intended for

all the Scratch Nerdom...shhh Starting to regret the whole thing....

The devices i have arent free

Theres no dj santa clause hooking me up

I have cool toys, cause i work, buy, experiment

Its expensive

I contribute information in equal measure to what i take

"all the Scratch Nerdom...shhh Starting to regret the whole thing....

The devices i have arent free

Theres no dj santa clause hooking me up

I have cool toys, cause i work, buy, experiment

Its expensive

I contribute information in equal measure to what i take"

Whatever dude, I started this thread with genuine intention to contribute and move things forward not attract drama.

It's been awhile since I posted here...

Been at this since 1986 started from the dirt, most of the equipment I've puchased and work I put in still hasn't been paid from scratch nerd

ish...

So far you haven't contributed anything in my point of view and already talking about learning your lesson and not sharing, I don't know what that means.

Your response is the typical response I get from people that don't know how to be selfless and share.

When I speak about sharing, it is not for me, you got zero to teach me in the field of manufaturing, design and invention, all you wrote is ish I did back in the 90s :-) geeez....

I'm just not trying to take over and put everything out there, working on being a tream player for my own humility and wanting this to be a mutual project then go from there...

I had 3 interested parties that wanted go bigger with partnerships and designs and instead I posted here and everywhere and pm'd a bunch of

people, like jackass haha....

Keep it moving, if you're not going to share with the Scratch Nerdom then we ain't coo...

This is my last response to you...Getting back to the Art and Scratch Science talk only...

Edited by Focus

Those scratches you made in the records dont provide enough resistance to do anything. Thats not me teaching you cause Im sure youve found it out already.

You shared, we all discussed, and through that discussion, a good starting point for a new type of vinyl; one with holes/slots cut in it, was reached. We all benefit.

Those scratches you made in the records dont provide enough resistance to do anything. Thats not me teaching you cause Im sure youve found it out already.

You shared, we all discussed, and through that discussion, a good starting point for a new type of vinyl; one with holes/slots cut in it, was reached. We all benefit.

Ok I think I see where the miscommunication is and also getting a bigger picture epiphany.

1st. You think I'm joe shmoo bedroom dj with his arts and crafts tools, giddy with fun ideas to share and asking

for help...I'm here and accesible so ahhhh...

2nd. You value your text/words as if they are more then what they are Text/Words...

1st. No Home skillet, one thing people miss is that although I am sitting here in the Beautiful USA

I am first generation Mexican, I was picking fruit in the fields with my mama when I was 5 years old.

Point? Sob Story? Ew looky meeee? No mofos this Hip Hop and Scratchy stuff was a way to bring my family out of the

bottom so beyond the love for it....I ate and breathed ideas and creations to bring to life so as to

accomplish bigger things...

Not saying any one of you homies out there had it good but it's hard to compete

with ish when I man is trying to uplift his family...This stuff was not just fun and games...blah, blah, blah...

All this is very,very played out, same mofo story, almost done though, soon you can be the number one guy.

2nd. When I say share I wasn't reffering to your words...I'm talking about go in your mofo garage

spend a few days or weeks and show the results, don't blab about how expensive your tools

are or how much time it took you so you won't share pss...show new patterns, show new techniques...

If I show a new scratch I don't need you to preach about all the different varitions and ish,

go and learn it and then show the variations. I've been tapped into the flow since I was

born, I'm never out of ideas...

I read zero newness from you so don't flatter yourself, show some new patterns designs or an

effed up record in the oven and let's go from there...

You want Embossed, drill some holes and add rivets or recessed screws with round head...or, or...

Pss been there done that...millions of variations...

Your critique of my the record is retarded as hell, pure low key hater ish imo.

1st you are making the assumtion that you and I are on the same skill level.

I've never seen or heard any of your work and you've never touched the records I created.

Only thing you are showing the world is that you can't do hydroplanes with the record

you made for yourself and that you have a lmited imigination to modify or create some new ish...

I already told you, look at the 2nd picture. Part of the record is untouched, copy that if you need

surface area for your finger to catch and skip.......or learn the Ripple.......or adjust your technique...

There are different line patterns, some closer to each other to adjust the frequency of the textured scratch

....Sirness on inta had no problems rockin it and it sounds like your are 10 times a beast on the cut...

Just cause you can't do something doesn't mean

the rest of the world can't. That just applies to you, keep your limitations to yourself and don't

spread that ignorance.

What? You think I can't Scratch? The pattern I designed has rhyme and

reason not just some coo looking etchings and for the millionth time I'd be cool if other Artists

tried other designs so we can come up with common elements. This is not/wasn't just for me...

One thing that occured to me as I was typing is that maybe some of you homies on the otherside

of the world are rich middle class kids that got into Hip Hop/Scratch Arts/Turntablism so it's a different

perspective.

For me it was/is that we were all just coming up and a part of this thing we loved. Whoever made it

or made something that was it, it was on....We were all in the trenches, for that reason the Focus Fader was

only $60 when it came out...blah blah,,,

I'm thinking some of you homies came in after the Golden Age when all the hardwork was put in and

just enjoyed scratching, now just enjoying the percs standing on shoulders....

Zero sense of self sacrifice for the art or greater good... Am I right? Hopefully I'm wrong.

I'm starting to think that I should just drop some ish on the scene, avoid personal contact with peeps.

Do the traditional route, manufacture and get distributed and you can support or not support that's on you.

Spent the last 2 days doing more experiments so I can come back and post like a jackasss

haha...Go enjoy your 7 inch skip proof records and leave me alone...

Nah in closing...This rant is not out of anger, I bring the same passion to growing my vegetables..,

My intent was to promote these Tactile Records and it's turning sideways, I'm coo if this is not something

Scratch Heads are into, just let me know and put it out there with all honesty, don't BS...

Nah its a good call, wehave thr CDX project going here so its worth discussing, fuck getting shitty cause one person isnt fully into sharing, everybody has their own feelings on sharing and thats all cool.

Im definitely upfor experimenting and sharing on this stuff.