Pioneer DJ DJM-250MK2 or DJ-Tech DIF-2S MKII

Hello :) ,
After trying and enjoying the scratch on the Numark pt01 scratch, I want to improve my equipment. I bought the turntable SynQ XTRM 1 but I hesitate on the mixer.
In your opinion, what is the best between the DJ-Tech DIF-2S MKII and the Pioneer DJM-250 Mk2 ?
Thanks for your help.

Booga

^^^ what he says

The DIF-2S price tag is mad cheap and despite the the 250mk2 being twice the price Id still go for the pioneer. For DVS alone its worth the extra money, but you also get channel filters, the magvel fader which is really good and you get Pio build and sound quality, no contest really.

Thank you for these advice.

I was mainly afraid that the crossfader of the Pioneer is less efficient than the DJ Tech.

Actually, the DVS does not interest me much. My 2 criteria are the overall strength as well as the quality of the crossfader.

so, in summary, I should choose the Pioneer...

So, I ordered the DJ-Tech DIF-2S MKII. No need for DVS and also cheaper.

We'll see...

If you have no need for DVS it's a solid choice, I reckon. You can always add an SL box later as it has extra inputs and outputs for one. Interested to know how you get on with it. My main reservation was build quality but hopefully it's solid for what you need it for.

So, I ordered the DJ-Tech DIF-2S MKII. No need for DVS and also cheaper.

We'll see...

I think you will be happy anyways but would have gone for the 250 even if I havent tested the DIF MK2 (just the first).

Iv had a 250 besides the S9 for testing a while. Fader is not the same but close. Should note that Im a little bias as I sometimes work with Pionner.

I think(hope) that DJ Tech has stepped up their game. I was given a Turd Rumble DJTech mixer and it is fucking awfull. Sounds, looks and feels shit and the enclosure is to hollow and resonates clicks like a cave. Also is it to high. I salvaged the fader to my PT-01 and use the box as a door stopper when the studio needs some fresh air.

• Like 1

^^^flol!

You get what you pay for is generally true with dj equipment, but with pioneer currently pushing record box software hard the 250 is priced to shift units. Even without DVS I cant think of a better value for money new dj product than the 250.

Djtech on the other hand..... considering the price tag if it only lasts a couple of years then no biggie. With a mini innofader it should serve its purpose well enough.

@backtrack - I had the 900 nexus 2 in the studio for 3 months, despite it not being the pro Magvel I was really surprised how much I fell in love with that fader, deliciously sharp cut.

• Like 1

Respect to booga for ignoring the unanimous advice given. :((

In a parallel world another booga has bought the Pioneer. Is that booga any happier?? We will never know.

:)

My parallel world booga would have bought Dubbas rane 56 for 300.

• Like 1

Ha, the perfect of example of extreme parallel universe choice.

Rane 56, for most people the best scratch mixer of all time

DJ-Tech DIF-2S MKII, erm... cheapest built scratch mixer of all time

Once the human race has finally rinsed this planet dry/post nuclear apocalypse the only surviving indicators of the human existence will be fully working Rane 56 mixers and NMCP HQ

Don't make me regret :)
It was mostly a question of money. The mixer came last and there was no money left...

Anyway, the second versions are always better designed ;)

... Maybe I could be weak and send back the mixer...

Edited by booga

Sorry for being dics about dj tech, that mixer will definitely serve its purpose in regards to getting on the cut.

Jus cant get away from the fact that its been constructed out of the cheapest components possible, that said its been very fairly priced for what it is, but in terms quality and how long itll last etc.... you cant expect to much.

The Pio 250 on the other hand.... if pioneer werent trying to get people to adopt Record Box DVS its likely that the 250 would cost more.

I wouldnt suggest rushing to return the djtech but definitely worth considering further thought before the option of returning expires.

Sorry for being dics about dj tech, that mixer will definitely serve its purpose in regards to getting on the cut.

Jus cant get away from the fact that its been constructed out of the cheapest components possible, that said its been very fairly priced for what it is, but in terms quality and how long itll last etc.... you cant expect to much.

The Pio 250 on the other hand.... if pioneer werent trying to get people to adopt Record Box DVS its likely that the 250 would cost more.

I wouldnt suggest rushing to return the djtech but definitely worth considering further thought before the option of returning expires.

Yea... the S-3 is the same mixer but with serato and its 200£ more... The 250 is a bargain for what you get. Record Box works just as good as Serato imo.

Also sorry for beeing overly negative about the DJ Tech. It will cut just fine and when it breaks you will remember this conversation, laugh about it and buy something else from another company.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Owning MANY DJ Tech products over the last 10 years, I can say that those dif mixers are not indicative of the brand quality.

I bought one, it was junk, and I returned it.

Everything else has been great.

The djm 303 has a nice fader, and I've been scratching like mad on it for 4 years(cleaned twice) and its as sharp as the day i got it.

Dont judge the brand by that one line.

• 3 weeks later...