PC playing music improperly

Guest Mike Reezy

Guest Deeswift

iexist, you should start another thread otherwise it's gonna get confusing.

Mike, I would have thrown my PC out of the window by now. Must be mad_frustrating. Maybe you could try partitioning the drive with Partition Magic. Create a partition for everything that's important and move everything onto it. Then wipe the C drive and reinstall XP. I don't have any more ideas than the ones which have been suggested already. I think this partitioning solution might be easy than burning stuff onto discs.

It's definitely not HijackThis anyway. You can remove everything in your log and your PC will still function - in fact it would function better because only things that are absolutely necessary would be running (explorer etc.). It's not recommended to do that though!

Guest Mike Reezy

before my shit always was "realtek ac97 audio" when I went to update the driver it found some nvidia driver and told me to restart, now in my sounds under control panel and in skype and evrything else it says 'Nvidia® Nforce audio'

if the nvidia shit is the bult in sound wtf was the realtek ac97 shit I was using? BTW I cant even choose the 'realtek' anywhere now

Guest Deeswift

OK. Try uninstalling the sound. Get yourself some RealTek AC97 drivers first. I have a screenshot on my FTP of my device manager. See below, and yours should look something like it.

What I would do is this.

You should be able to right-clcik it and choose "uninstall". Do this, then use RegSeeker and clean the registry. Reboot your system and XP will have found the audio device again. Cancel any screens that pop up and ask you if you want to install any drivers. Install the RealTek drivers you got manually. Reboot.

Also, you have an Asus motherboard? Maybe look on the Asus site for new motherboard drivers.

Last stop is a BIOS update for your motherboard. On my MSI board, I get to use a utility called LiveUpdate. It searches MSI's site for new drivers and BIOS. Flashing the BIOS in Windows is a breeze. Maybe you could try to find out if there's a similar Asus utility to do the same kind of job.

I'll write another post in a sec, just doing some research into your board, etc. You might be able to use my audio driver too. Back soon.

Guest Deeswift

OK, Mike. Here's the AC97 driver I use on my system. I see no reason why it won't work with yours. You can at least try it because you've got nothing to lose. Give it 5 mins and it'll have uploaded.

http://www.ninjastyle.plus.com/downloads/R...kAC97Driver.zip

And here's the Asus webpage with all drivers and stuff for your board: http://www.asus.com/support/download/item....delName=A7N8X-X

Some AC97 drivers are crap, or thery don't work at all. This is why I stick with the same ones here, the ones that came with my motherboard. They're probably about a year old now, but ones produced after that never worked at all on my system. There was no sound.

Don't forget: Uninstall the device, clean with RegSeeker (delete everything it finds), reboot, cancle any Windows screens, install driver manually.

Zip file is about 19.3 MB. I'm sending you the whole RealTek folder off the CD, so sorry if there's extra drivers for Windows 98 and such, I didn't want to remove anything just in case.

Guest Mike Reezy

in my device manager it doesnt show the realtek ac97 anymore, just the nvidia ® audio shit.

I remember aklways having both I think.

my mobo = ASUS a7n8x-x

I have no idea how to flash my bios or whatever

I tried downloading the mobo drivers from ASUS site, but itspretty confusing, not for stoners....

Guest Deeswift

Damn, something really sounds screwed up. You should maybe still uninstall any audio devices and try to get the RealTek drivers on there.