MIDI Note Fader now also working WITHOUT MIDI Turntable

While i enjoy these sorts of things, everybody knows you can just load any VST you like in Virtual DJ right ?

So you could load a vst with a single note and then map to pitch bend or even notes if you wanted, the VST acts exactly like Vinyl

Here, Maschine working exactly like any other deck in Virtual DJ, full vinyl control, could definitely be interesting with one of these MIDI pitch faders

Edited by Flexinoodle

While i enjoy these sorts of things, everybody knows you can just load any VST you like in Virtual DJ right ?

So you could load a vst with a single note and then map to pitch bend or even notes if you wanted, the VST acts exactly like Vinyl

Here, Maschine working exactly like any other deck in Virtual DJ, full vinyl control, could definitely be interesting with one of these MIDI pitch faders

Virtual DJ can't handle basic DVS functions though, so it kind of negates the cool features it has.

Virtual DJ can't handle basic DVS functions though, so it kind of negates the cool features it has.

What ?

It handles DVS fine, when was the last time you used it ?

It literally handles any timecode ever made ?

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/195586/General_Discussion/Virtual_DJ_8_DVS___scratching_at_the_top_table__DJWORX_.html

On top of that i am not tied in to any proprietary hardware, so i can use the RME RPM and have the lowest latency possible via express card ;)

Edited by Flexinoodle

What ?

It handles DVS fine, when was the last time you used it ?

It literally handles any timecode ever made ?

On top of that i am not tied in to any proprietary hardware, so i can use the RME RPM and have the lowest latency possible via express card ;)

Virtual DJ tried to get me to do a performance video on VDJ8 last year over the course of a couple months. I met up with them 3 times and each time I couldn't get through my routines because of numerous bugs like time stretching my sample while scratching/beat juggling, lag between the turntable's analog pitch control and VDJ's, and it constantly fighting my pitch changes when trying to use the PDX 3000 midi platter speed feature. This is with a Virtual DJ tech with me, on the phone with tech support trying to figure it out, so it wasn't anything on my end personally.

So in short, I never did a promo video for them because I couldn't endorse software that I couldn't perform my routines on. It has a lot of cool ideas, but no it can't handle relatively basic DVS functions. Granted, the level of precision my routines require is probably quite a bit higher than what most people need, but it's pretty wack if you use it and end up wanting to do a routine on that level and simply can't because the software is holding you back.

Ahhh right, works fine here, i must be lucky

(Nothing implied by that by the way, i use Pinkys and RME on my VDJ set up, which is rare enough in itself, and i am a caveman compared to your monsterism hahahaha)

Edited by Flexinoodle

Guest rasteri

I met up with them 3 times and each time I couldn't get through my routines because of numerous bugs like time stretching my sample while scratching/beat juggling, lag between the turntable's analog pitch control and VDJ's, and it constantly fighting my pitch changes when trying to use the PDX 3000 midi platter speed feature.

I've never used VDJ but that's really bizarre, if they have a proper timecode decoder then it should automatically follow the pitch of the turntable no matter what's going on.

Maybe they're doing some kind of fancy-pants pitch smoothing that physically can't be turned off.

• Like 1

I've never used VDJ but if it can be done there too, that's great :)

I met up with them 3 times and each time I couldn't get through my routines because of numerous bugs like time stretching my sample while scratching/beat juggling, lag between the turntable's analog pitch control and VDJ's, and it constantly fighting my pitch changes when trying to use the PDX 3000 midi platter speed feature.

I've never used VDJ but that's really bizarre, if they have a proper timecode decoder then it should automatically follow the pitch of the turntable no matter what's going on.

Maybe they're doing some kind of fancy-pants pitch smoothing that physically can't be turned off.

That's the ticket, there's stuff going on in the software that is like safety nets for n00b DJs. We kept going through and fixing things one by one but I never ended up actually being able to perform my stuff. Some of the things that were causing my problems were ingrained in the software and didn't have a way of turning them off at the time.

Guest rasteri

Some of the things that were causing my problems were ingrained in the software and didn't have a way of turning them off at the time.

Programmers assume that because they're software geniuses they'll automatically be geniuses at audio shit. It's the reason that the android and windows audio systems are such wank.

To be fair, I don't think they put the A team on it by the sounds of it, the problem with a lot of these companies is that they are splintered in to so many departments, that when it finally gets back to the person who could ultimately say "Here it's fixed" they have already pissed off the person they where trying to fix it for, it does make me want to get a PDX 3000 now though, just to force them in to fixing it hahaha