A Trak starting a new DJ battle

ELGEE

I'm just sick of watching dudes who can't actually juggle unless it's set at 133.333 and pre recorded etc

I don't want to name names but some of the "top dj's" in the uk are shite. Same routines every year but just different (fucking awful breakbeat or euro trash dub step ) beats.

It's was impressive back in 2002 but not anymore.

I more impressed with seeing someone flip something like they used too.

I'm just sick of watching dudes who can't actually juggle unless it's set at 133.333 and pre recorded etc

I don't want to name names but some of the "top dj's" in the uk are shite. Same routines every year but just different (fucking awful breakbeat or euro trash dub step ) beats.

It's was impressive back in 2002 but not anymore.

I more impressed with seeing someone flip something like they used too.

Oh ya, I'm with you there. I just think like... the answer to that is people entering and putting out dope juggles, rather than trying to make rules against it. You don't want to censor wackness, you want to expose why it's wack. I've been trying my best LOL.

You are doing it right and that's why you have have been a success.

there are a few others too that get it but it seems like a lot of national DMC champs are only champs because they were the best shit dj out of a comp full of shit dj's. 10 years ago half these cats wouldn't of got past the regionals.

Not sure how the DMC regionals work elsewhere, but in the UK it is an entire joke anyway, last few i went to, the winner was not even from the region and had already failed in his own region, so whats the point of regionals.

Edited by Flexinoodle

Not sure how the DMC regionals work elsewhere, but in the UK it is an entire joke anyway, last few i went to, the winner was not even from the region and had already failed in his own region, so whats the point of regionals.

That's how regionals are everywhere. I agree with running it that way though, I think the best DJ that can enter should win, not the best DJ who lives in a certain area. If the person who wasn't from that region wasn't there, presumably a worse DJ would have won, and therefore the quality of the finals is worse.

Guest Symatic

having a round that doesnt have pre production would make it more interesting to me.

And yeah some freestyle aspect like you dunno what track you have to juggle or you all scratchnover unknown beats