Flight Cases

Being a member of the T.A.F. (tall as fuck) club, I am almost always hunched over when on the turntables. Awhile back, before I sold one of my turntables+case.. I had an Odyssey Flight case that I used to lift my setup. All it took was 1 case. The top and bottom pieces were both equal in measurement that I was able to have a nice even lift for both of my turntables and my mixer. As I mentioned.. sold that. Made packaging the table much easier..

Now I am on the hunt again, because my back is getting more fragile as i get older. Already experienced disc herniation towards the middle of last year. Still working through it. But I digress..

Are there any cases out now that are even top and bottom? I was directed to the Odyssey Fz1200 or to buy 2 new cases (already own 1 from turntable lab)... the Fz1200 doesn't look even to me..

Any insight would be helpful.

Am I imagining this whole 1 case scenario? Did this come to me in a dream?

I think the road ready cases are even but yea, there are defo 2 tts and a mixer all in 1 cases out there.

My bad, the Road Ready cases aren't even, but work just fine. The all in one cases (coffins) are a bitch to lug to gigs solo, but if iexist doesn't plan on playing out much, then the coffin should be fine.

not interested in the coffin. may be too big for my current space... looking for a single case that has even top/bottom pieces that i can use to lift my set up.

i am also trying to avoid buying a new pair of cases. already have one for 1 table.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFIJ24WsnvW/?hl=en (this with 1 turntable case)

it had this finish: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/images/images2000x2000/Odyssey_Innovative_Designs_FTTDIA_FTTDIA_Flight_Zone_Turntable_Case_528753.jpg

Guest petesasqwax

I'm 6'3" too - height and width ;) - I used to have the same issue but, and I know this is a very obvious and simplistic answer, I just built the unit that my tables on taller. I'm not (unusually, I admit) being flippant - I tried the options with flight cases and the like and it was ultimately just easier and cheaper to raise the height of the tables that way

• Like 1

Yeah I've already considered building. Drawn plans out and all. It's a last resort as I do need at least 1 turntable case. May just need to build a lift/riser instead of a whole new piece of furniture..

I feel like this is, if not very close to what I previously owned:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/odyssey-ftt-single-turntable-flite-case

That's what I have is a wooden box riser my handyman friend built me. I wanted it for a 3rd TT so it just fits a mixer and tt. Has a cubbie hole in the front to store stuff. Headphones, needle box etc.

I used to have two towers of stacked cinderblocks with glass across it. Super cheap, looked cool and height adjustable.

• Like 1

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

CInder block buddies! I got that now on one of my set ups, but with a bit of thick ply wood on it on an old computer desk. Side board cabinets are good too as they are usually high enough that you can stick a load of right thickness wood boards on it and are usually sturdy as funk so no wobblez and the right sort of width. I did that for my main set up. Have a look in a second hand furniture place, there'll be some kind of random stuff you can use (if you want to have a botched up, ghetto style set up like me)

I'm 6ft 4 for reference. Jeez there's a lot of tall dudes up in this piece.

• Like 1

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Lolz.

It's visual demonstration of what it'd be like if me and Chile had a cut together.

The real source is it's a fresh faced pic of me doiing an open day at a local festival when i was working at Mid kent college about 13 years ago.