Heuristic Methods series - 1. Restriction Games

chile

Restriction games can be used to help organise our scratching into a variety of distinct sections. They're also very useful for creating new habits of playing through experimentation. They can be thought of as mental post it notes, which apply a loosely defined temporary rule in our playing style. This provides us with a theme to play with that helps focus and simplify our creative decisions by greatly reducing our options.

• Like 5

Thanks guys I'm glad you're liking them. Was a bit mental doing the whole camera spoken thing at first, but it became pretty fun as time went on and now I'm looking forward to doing it again in the next episode. Planning on doing one of these heuristics a month then 3 oddity series for the other week releases. Thanks rasteri will be glad to have you on board :)

This is really cool. I think this might be the answer to my problems because whenever I freestyle it's just a lottery of patterns I've learned and either sounds good or crap, depending on what mood I'm in. I need to follow more tutorials about discipline rather than new scratch techniques.

I'll definitely be contributing to this mate :)

• Like 1

Yeah I'm gonna invest in a wind shield to see if it does a similar job to the pop shield, as thats what covers most my face up. BTW If you're thinking of becoming a patron, the rewards are handed out once on the first of each month after payments have gone through, so its worth getting on it before May starts if you want to get this months loops and TTM sheets!

Guest Symatic

This is really cool. I think this might be the answer to my problems because whenever I freestyle it's just a lottery of patterns I've learned and either sounds good or crap, depending on what mood I'm in. I need to follow more tutorials about discipline rather than new scratch techniques.

I'll definitely be contributing to this mate :)

exactly

sick vid chile!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...