Fretless Fader

Guest rasteri

Hahaha what a brilliantly vulgar description pete lmao , I actually liked that fretless fader myself and I reckon you'd get some cool shit happening if you were to utilize some stompboxes rigged up to it im thinking of the sort of things I use myself when I amp up my acoustic guitars ,,, crybaby wah ,mxr phase 90 and a digital delay or echo ..or maybe even something like a digitech whammy pedal which takes the pitch of the octaves up and down .yeah I reckon that would be pretty rad myself dude

Guest petesasqwax

Man, if you're going to start putting it through some pedals it's a whole different ball game!

Just to clarify for anyone who took offence: in principle I think it could be an awesome development, but the demo of it using that track and tone is offensive to my aural cavities, that's all I was meaning. Oh, and fuck Kool & the Gang, obviously ;)

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

You know what REALLY makes me want to stab people? That fucking "product of the 90s" ident he has going all the way through it! Yeah, that's so fucking vital because people are queuing up to rip that shit off his fucking YouTube video. For the sake of fuck...

• Like 2

Look, we should all know by now Pete doesn't get into that shiny G-Funk sound. If it doesn't sound like a discarded flip-flop hitting an old bin lid, recorded onto a dictaphone, then pressed to shellac and buried in a pile of gravel for thirty years, dug up and sampled on an S950 with a broken dial, he ain't fucking with it.

• Like 5

Guest Symatic

Look, we should all know by now Pete doesn't get into that shiny G-Funk sound. If it doesn't sound like a discarded flip-flop hitting an old bin lid, recorded onto a dictaphone, then pressed to shellac and buried in a pile of gravel for thirty years, dug up and sampled on an S950 with a broken dial, he ain't fucking with it.

that's such a classic genre :)

• Like 1

Moaning old men and piss wave's aside....

With the rise/interest of diy fretless mods popping up here and there, it's really satisfying to see the originator John Beez finally stepping up with an end product.

As Jon (the1st, not Beez) alluded to, for jamming/freestyle stuff, note Pdx/c1 biz is perfect for freestyle and jamming, proper endless fun and great for brain storming, def highly recommended for all the above. But for actual routines/live stuff I still prefer cue and samples over extreme platter rpm shifts, as it's just simpler and more flexible for cuts.

Guest petesasqwax

With the rise/interest of diy fretless mods popping up here and there, it's really satisfying to see the originator John Beez finally stepping up with an end product.

Finally something upon which we can all agree.

• Like 2

i think there is one guy from germany called fe-do who also installs fretless faders - at least he made ritchie rufftone's. or is ritchie's a midi fader that is entirely different to john beez' fretless fader?

and at all the damn haters on this thread, you better bow down to the fucking controller one anthem:

:d :d :d

Fe-Do is building fretless faders with the help of Bob Kruijer.

Bob is programming the software code. He call his fretless fader "Midi Note Fader".

Fe-Do has build the fretless fader for Ritchie Ruftone.

The fretless fader from Rasp Haunt was build by Viny`Lord Son.

Rasp Haunt say he build it, but it was Viny`Lord Son.

• Like 2

Fe-Do is building fretless faders with the help of Bob Kruijer.

Bob is programming the software code. He call his fretless fader "Midi Note Fader".

Fe-Do has build the fretless fader for Ritchie Ruftone.

The fretless fader from Rasp Haunt was build by Viny`Lord Son.

Rasp Haunt say he build it, but it was Viny`Lord Son.

This is correct, and I've dubbed it MNF because I have no connection to FF whatsoever. Of course the idea is exactly the same, vertical motion sending midi notes to control pitch - and I have never claimed I came up with the idea.

Having said that, anyone who wanted to do the mod I have helped out and have also publicly shared the software that I have coded:

Rasp Haunt, Jean Paul Calderon, afaik is a manipulating douchebag. He asked me to build him a MNF about a year ago, claiming he had all kinds of illnesses, couldn't do it himself, but loved scratching so much...

• Like 2