DV Police Story Sample Challenge - VOTE!

DJ Rock Well

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the winner?

• Rock Well
    • Diggla (&Sean)
    • Symatic
    • Fayc
    • Phology

Guest Symatic

How laaaaaame.

...that you only have three friends outside of DV.

well, only one was a friend, the others thought they were signing up to a petition to get hillary clinton banned from Iceland

• Like 2

Psychedelic Schizophrenic - thanks for the kind words, same to everybody else who's said nice things in this or the other thread for this battle.

OK...

Diggla - props for the beat box and for twisting this into something leftfield I never expected. Definitely keep on with Ableton and these battles, based on this beat!

Symatic - As ever, you have my immense respect for always bullying the sample material into something that sounds like your sound. I swear I could give a Wham record and a triangle and you still make a beat that sounds like you! Top effort with using two different tape devices discarded by the rest of the world to such good effect as well.

Fayc - I agree with Diggla, based on the intro I didn't see the beat coming in like it did - it all made sense when the beat drops. I've also got to say that I love the way your style (from what I've heard of it) bridges old and new styles of beats/hip hop - I'm kind of old school in both taste and techniques and I find a lot of modern beats music leaves me a little cold, but you seem to make that perfect combo of modern sounding beats that still retain some of the qualities I love about classic hip hop beats.

Phology - I really rate this beat. The more I hear of your flips, the more I appreciate your style. You make those kind of hip hop beats I like but have no idea where they come from... Both your choice of sounds and the kind of timing/rhythm you achieve stands out for me and I love how you pull quite disparate things into one cohesive unit. The cuts were nice too, funky and right for the beat.

Not trying to be everyone's best friend or anything, but I enjoyed them all and could have made a case for any of them to be the winner. But this time I'm going for Phology, it was the beat that most suited my musical tastes and I just like the way you make something familiar in an unfamiliar way.

• Like 2

Psychedelic Schizophrenic - thanks for the kind words, same to everybody else who's said nice things in this or the other thread for this battle.

OK...

Diggla - props for the beat box and for twisting this into something leftfield I never expected. Definitely keep on with Ableton and these battles, based on this beat!

Symatic - As ever, you have my immense respect for always bullying the sample material into something that sounds like your sound. I swear I could give a Wham record and a triangle and you still make a beat that sounds like you! Top effort with using two different tape devices discarded by the rest of the world to such good effect as well.

Fayc - I agree with Diggla, based on the intro I didn't see the beat coming in like it did - it all made sense when the beat drops. I've also got to say that I love the way your style (from what I've heard of it) bridges old and new styles of beats/hip hop - I'm kind of old school in both taste and techniques and I find a lot of modern beats music leaves me a little cold, but you seem to make that perfect combo of modern sounding beats that still retain some of the qualities I love about classic hip hop beats.

Phology - I really rate this beat. The more I hear of your flips, the more I appreciate your style. You make those kind of hip hop beats I like but have no idea where they come from... Both your choice of sounds and the kind of timing/rhythm you achieve stands out for me and I love how you pull quite disparate things into one cohesive unit. The cuts were nice too, funky and right for the beat.

Not trying to be everyone's best friend or anything, but I enjoyed them all and could have made a case for any of them to be the winner. But this time I'm going for Phology, it was the beat that most suited my musical tastes and I just like the way you make something familiar in an unfamiliar way.

Thanks dude!! :d

Guest petesasqwax

Hehe - thank fuck the for the little blue star next to the one you voted for. This was so tight I couldn't remember how I actually called it were it not for that!