DV Police Story Sample Challenge - VOTE!

DJ Rock Well

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the winner?

• Rock Well
    • Diggla (&Sean)
    • Symatic
    • Fayc
    • Phology

Who's the winner?

Rock Well

Diggla (& Sean)

Symatic

Fayc

Phology

As ever, voting will end in a week and a new sample will be up very soon afterwards :)

there is a poll at the top mate.

For me was out of phology and symatic.

Both sick but symbiotic did what i intended to do with the vocal but ran out of time.

hats off to you mate. Sick beat.

Yet again sick battle. Im making another beat from this record as we speak haha. Bring on the next sample yo!!!

symbiotic?? spell check up in here - Symatic

Nice one Pho! Dug the cuts.

Fayc, man... it starts off and I'm thinking "Oh, I'm going to hate this" then it turns out to be the most vibey head-nodder of the bunch--love it.

Symatic is so dope and spacey but true to the gayme with the scratched and tweaked samples. Has that dope looper style to it alos.

Rock Well has a badass drive to it. Super classic.

In the end it's Fayc for me. That vibe is right up my alley. Good job all around.

Nice one Pho! Dug the cuts.

Fayc, man... it starts off and I'm thinking "Oh, I'm going to hate this" then it turns out to be the most vibey head-nodder of the bunch--love it.

Symatic is so dope and spacey but true to the gayme with the scratched and tweaked samples. Has that dope looper style to it alos.

Rock Well has a badass drive to it. Super classic.

In the end it's Fayc for me. That vibe is right up my alley. Good job all around.

I started it like that on purpose to mess wiv ya haha

• Like 1

# 1 diggla and sean -man that was twisted but I loved the way you developed it from start to finish, it was like Disintegration era Cure in a mincer! but done in a really dope way and the way you morphed it into those almost pink floyd esq parts towards the end was dead clever # 2-Rockwell I liked this ! that synth sounds cool . again it had an almost 80s new wave feel to it.

I thought it needed more bass at first but then I played it loud on my stereo and it sounded dub heavy and nice mate and like sy said it would sound good with an mc on it # 3 Symatic mate your shit is smooth but in a very sublime and cool way , really good production skills on this one..i played it loud and sounds really good. honourable mentions to Fayc and Phology but those were the 3 for me.. get another one up quick! that was a wicked battle guys

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

fayc took it for me, real headnodder that brought a smile to my face when the beat started - right at the moment when you're thinking "how's this gonna work?"

phology - another banger and really good use of the samples

rockwell the vibe of the source material was totally kept alive, and really clean production too.

dirk/sean, yeah what dan said, musical journey and loads of mad styles mashed together. worked well

doob - stop being busy with real life and come and make beats out of chinese 80's cop movie soundtracks with us!

*can someone sort out the code for my bandcamp player please :rolleyes:

Another tough battle! I voted for Sy, as he always comes out with something I'd never expect given the source material. Dopeness!

Thanks for the comments on my beat, I find there's so much more I could've done after listening to everyone else's!

Guest Symatic

come on DV! only 11 of us have voted, and 5 of those people were IN the battle!

stop talking about kanye and show some support for your homiez!

• Like 2

^^I would like to note that I "liked" your post and often like your posts. Not that I'm trying to sway your vote except for that I am. ;)

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

Symatic actually hacked my account and wrote that so definitely DQ him.

come on dirk, it's so easy when you're password is "tittiesnbeer4lyf"

• Like 3

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Damn this is a tough one, just to vote for just one as there is some dopeness right here.

Firstly massive props to everyone that submitted a entry into this battle, you all did a fantastic job!

My vote goes too Rock Well, mainly because I loved that aggressive psycho head nodding vibe he brought to the table. Damn nearly gave myself concussion :((

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

i feel i'm cheating a bit here :) i told some people on tinychat about this battle and i think they voted for me..... #ThatsHowLobbyingWorks