Kaoss Pads

Jon

yeh u can make it sound like it slows down...its got a lot of effects and takes time to find out how to use them as best you can...ive got the koass2 but havent really used it properly. im trying to get my mixing spot on and eq use good until i try something else. but yeh if you have the time and patience to play with the thing it can produce sum great fx

I have a KP2 its ok. It has reverb, vocoder, delay, modulation, synth effects etc. Its alright. The sound quality is nice, and there are a lot of effects. EDIT I havnt used it much moreso for production rather than DJing, but it hasnt overly impressed me. The sampler is 6 seconds, and yes you can plug a mic in. :)

yep there is a mic input (and vol control) and midi in/out.

it can be used via phono or line and as part of a fx loop or just direct

i know wot u mean milk..there r a shed load of different fx but most of them cant b used cos they r so waky/strong and would not sound right

i know wot u mean milk..there r a shed load of different fx but most of them cant b used cos they r so waky/strong and would not sound right

Totally, especially some of the delay effects, I mean if you want a subtle effect a lot of the time its hit and miss some effects are really harsh lke you said. TBH I would prefer dials/knobs as opposed to the screen. :)

so u just plug ur mixer output into ur kaoass pad and then into ur amp?

or your turntable into the pad then into the mixer then cut up the effects?

Edited by djrusty

yey does it completing mess up vocals or can u add sublte effects onto them- i still want them to be regonisable lol

Yeah Vocoder or any other effect for that matter. You can do this on the computer if you want using Steinbergs Voice Shaper.

Mine is set up using the send and return connections from my mixer to the KP. Well it was, I havnt got it plugged in right now heh.

anyone try out the efx-500 and the kp2, which ones better? It seems the kp2 is more for non-hiphop music, how is the efx-500 for hiphop music.