Midi Note Fader mod details, how-to etc.

Hi all,

bumped into this board by accident (already figured all the cool stuff was happening on Focus' FB page lol) and wanted to share more goodies for the scratch-mod-year 2016

The beef is here https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1f5v4Ks1ls2yDXkh9CmthxQQ7dfQjZ8QE3w_BuphSaWw/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=5000&slide=id.p

I started my prototype in 2014 and now other peeps have also adopted it (Ritchie Ruftone, FeDo), happy to share the MNF control panel with others who want to do the mod (even better now that you'll soon be able to mod your sl1200 for Midi hehe) - great to see Backtrack is working on that :)

Here's some vids

It's all in the doc but essentially it the route is like this: vertical-fader > USB DA convertor ( can also be a joystick) > laptop MNF control panel (will share with anyone who wants it) > midi-out to turntable

The cool thing about the control panel is that it's easily customizable, add more scales, use different DA convertors etc. Together with FeDo we've also made one with a Teensy, with onboard code. That doesn't need a laptop (but as most of you use some DVS anyway might as well utilize it hehe), and it works as well.

Let the modding commence! Any questions, comments and stuff, let me know.

Bob

DJ Machiel

• Like 2

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Holy shit, 2016 is the year of the scratch modding kings. How cool is the scratch scene at the mo'?! It's so great.

WANT.

Basically Jake said it all

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Holy shit, 2016 is the year of the scratch modding kings. How cool is the scratch scene at the mo'?! It's so great.

X100,000,000 :8