BEAT BATTLE: SAMPLE CHALLENGE - Symatic's Request

DJ Rock Well

It's been a bit quiet round here and I failed the last couple of battles to get something done, so yesterday forced myself to come up with something. I only had yesterday afternoon, so I did what could in the time.

Short and simple, it's obviously not mixed or mastered and I've only ever heard it in headphones... so go easy on me ;) With limited time, I resorted to my chopped samples boom bap safety zone. All samples from the LP (clicks and all!) except the drums I got off a different record. I made some drums from the Police Story LP, but these ones suited it better in the end.

This is cool man. Hearing samples I've thought of using too.

will up mine tomorrow

Me and my buddy Sean been trying to force ourselves into getting better in Ableton. This is our entry.

this seems to be missing??

can't listen to it

Guest Symatic

finally just bounced the few bits i had onto 4-track and just had a little mix with it, then layered some scratches with echo on them over that

It's been a bit quiet round here and I failed the last couple of battles to get something done, so yesterday forced myself to come up with something. I only had yesterday afternoon, so I did what could in the time.

Short and simple, it's obviously not mixed or mastered and I've only ever heard it in headphones... so go easy on me ;) With limited time, I resorted to my chopped samples boom bap safety zone. All samples from the LP (clicks and all!) except the drums I got off a different record. I made some drums from the Police Story LP, but these ones suited it better in the end.

https://soundcloud.com/dj-rock-well/the-heat

This is cool man. Hearing samples I've thought of using too.

will up mine tomorrow

Me and my buddy Sean been trying to force ourselves into getting better in Ableton. This is our entry.

https://soundcloud.com/deejaydirka/dirk-sean-dv-beat-battle-chan-police-feb-2016

this seems to be missing??

can't listen to it

Think I fixed it. Working now?

Really feeling ur beat BYW man!

Guest Symatic

damn diggla, sean and Matt! dope tunes!

Matt came with the funk crunchy hip hop and it sounds dope. would be wicked with an mc on as well :)

Diggla/Sean - really cool and weird, loads of odd ideas when you combine all the sounds like that, and the beat gave it this kinda pumpin dubsteppy vibe that made the cinematic contrast well.

dope work - this record has enough samples for a whole album fo sho!

• Like 2

Outgrown us already Doob!

First SSS, now DV...

Nah, much love really mate :) What's the remix contest you've been doing?

It was just another small thing over at futurebeatproducers on reddit. Had to remix a Flume track.

If I had more time I'd try and bosh a beat out but I'm a bit spent tbh

Sorry Doob, I don't mean to offend but I'm gonna stick the vote up tonight - we've already got 5 entries, you haven't even started yet and the capacity crowd is baying for action... I don't want innocents to get trampled in the ensuing riot.

If you want to make something anyway for fun we'd love to hear it in a non points related capacity. If not, they'll be a new sample challenge up next week anyway mate.

Sorry Doob, I don't mean to offend but I'm gonna stick the vote up tonight - we've already got 5 entries, you haven't even started yet and the capacity crowd is baying for action... I don't want innocents to get trampled in the ensuing riot.

If you want to make something anyway for fun we'd love to hear it in a non points related capacity. If not, they'll be a new sample challenge up next week anyway mate.

it's cool man