It's been almost 2 years since I backed Qbert's Kickstarter.....

Steve

I don't think "can't" is the issue. I think "won't" is.

I messaged him on Twitter again earlier and asked what was happening, as last time he'd said "mid-September", and he replied that they've made a video update about the Kickstarter. I guess we'll see what that's about whenever they post it.

• Like 2

I messaged him on Twitter again earlier and asked what was happening, as last time he'd said "mid-September", and he replied that they've made a video update about the Kickstarter. I guess we'll see what that's about whenever they post it.

they might have a kickstarter campaign for the video first to be able to release it on vhs tape. limited edition of course. plus a super limited tape with a recording of the recording of the video so you can listen to it in your car. except if you have a vhs player in your car, then the tape is just for your collection. but hey, it will be limited.
  • Like 3

Gary (Kickstarter)

Sep 7, 2:12 PM EDT

However, it's also important to remember that supporting creators as they work to bring projects to life isn't anything like shopping in a store, and it's anything but failproof. In fact, it's not intended to be — giving creators room to try out their new ideas is a big part of why we love what we do. Backing a project on Kickstarter is an expression of trust and can help lead to the creation of new and exciting things. This also means that sometimes complications arise that might prevent a project from unfolding as planned — or from happening at all.

That sounds like a fucking scam to me. "Give us your money, and we might follow through with the project".

Trust works both ways.

• Like 1

they might have a kickstarter campaign for the video first to be able to release it on vhs tape. limited edition of course. plus a super limited tape with a recording of the recording of the video so you can listen to it in your car. except if you have a vhs player in your car, then the tape is just for your collection. but hey, it will be limited.

They will even add these super-rare 06-Faceplates by JuneBugg

They will even add these super-rare 06-Faceplates by JuneBugg

they're so rare, i've never even heard of them. but you will get limited edition glow-in-the-dark pictures of them. polaroid style to fit in your pockets for portable viewing pleasures.

• Like 2

However, it's also important to remember that supporting creators as they work to bring projects to life isn't anything like shopping in a store, and it's anything but failproof. In fact, it's not intended to be — giving creators room to try out their new ideas is a big part of why we love what we do. Backing a project on Kickstarter is an expression of trust and can help lead to the creation of new and exciting things. This also means that sometimes complications arise that might prevent a project from unfolding as planned — or from happening at all.

That sounds like a fucking scam to me. "Give us your money, and we might follow through with the project".

Trust works both ways.

No shit. Kickstarter sure isn't offering to refund the percentage they skimmed off the top. They don't give a damn who gets fucked as long as they get a cut.

I messaged Qbert on Twitter again and this time I wasn't quite so nice.

This time he immediately offered me a refund and gave me an email address I could use to get it, but, what pisses me off about the guy is that he said "it's not us to blame". Every time I've spoken to this fool, he either tries to make a joke and ends sentences with "ha!", or he deflects the blame elsewhere.

If it is the pressing plant that's holding things up, I don't give a fuck. That's no excuse for the way Thud Rumble have treated the backers of their project. No updates on the Kickstarter page since January. No response to backers who've emailed them. No apologies. No offers of refunds. The only reason I've got any response is because we follow each other on Twitter. Other backers who are not in the same situation have tried to contact them and got no reply whatsoever.

Hah, fuck that was uncomfortable viewing. You got them shook Steve!

They both sounded shady as fuck in my opinion and their body language also speaks volumes...

The used car salesmen of the turntablism world..

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

If your going to address your backers then at least make a video that is semi believable, ermmm the puzzle pieces didn't fit, emmmm then they moved to a different place, emmmm then aliens nicked the puzzle pieces, emmm then we went environmentally friendly and shipped the pieces by pigeons, emmm then the world ended hence no pieces, emmm quick Yodafrog speak my hands are hurting.

Thud Rumble might as well done a video like this

• Like 4

ok so, this doesn't make any sense at all.

if they sent it to europe to be made, why does it matter if the company moved?

or did they move to be able to sent it to europe?

oh maybe you're lucky steve and they make them in the uk. you can pick them up yourself then.

• Like 1

And then the dog ate it. And then I left it on the bus. And then I let a mate copy it and he spilt his drink on it. And then I used it to fan someone in the common room who was having a diabetic attack but the wind took it and it got stuck in a tree and a bird shat on it and a bear ate it. And then

• Like 2

and then we wanted the puzzle pieces to be super special so we decided to make them out of ivory. but hunting elephants in the wild is forbidden so yoghurtfrog and me bought this little farm in brazill, africa where we breed them elephants to get their ivory. but they take so long to grow up but we're like ughhh so close i swear.

if you can wait like 10 more years you'll get this exxxclusive boxcover made out of elephant skin.

• Like 2