t Chime (live looping with Traktor routine)

This routine started life from a random cut sesh with my fellow SSS dj bro KutClass when we spent a day producing and jamming samples, good times :) It was that weekend when I finally came across a decent workflow using Traktors loop recorder and remix decks to build live tracks.

Following weeks I showed Matt my new Traktor swag and he armed me with some of his stems, the bones of routines were coming together….then Symatic insisted I grew a pair and perform at Bristol SSS 2015 he was hosting. Having a live set to aim for really focussed things and after a month I done me first ever balls out scratchy live looper performance in a room full of cut heads.

Later in the summer I added a few more tracks to the set which became the routine I done at CSG SSS mega blaster.

Bigups to family SSS, especially Matt, Si and Adam for the dislodge thumb from arse assist, Ive been pursuing musical TT stuff for a while now and SSS fam has played a big role with achieving a few personal goals this year.

keen to get on with new material, I’m now working thru filming in da studio versions of the songs Ive done so far and heres me first :)

• Like 3

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

I alway come with the madd bis-cutz!

Standard.

Sons*.

(*y'all my)

This is realy dope btw dude. It's even better now, that's easily the best performance i've seen you do of it.

PlusTheVid'sGotMoreSweetCamaraAnglezThanKurosawa,YouDopeAssScratchKubrick

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

Paul - is it possible to do this (the live looping) without the F1? As I understood it, Traktor apparently lets you map all MIDI functions to any MIDI controller - is that right?

Guest petesasqwax

oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!

I'm so fucking hyped about the potential of this shit, man. If it's possible to do what I *think* it's possible to do, I'm very, very excited and I know exactly how I want to utilise it. It means I can switch from Ableton in a live capacity completely and get back to do shows 100% with turntables (turntable, singular, actually)!

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

oh, man - I think I could well be in the video shooting business in the very near future too!

This from the same dude you couldn't even record a video of his computer screen with a camera? ^_^

OH, SNAP!

I still can't figure out the capture thing & had, I admit, completely forgotten about filming the screen with the camera :$