BEAT BATTLE: SAMPLE CHALLENGE - Hot Librarian Special

DJ Rock Well

Thanks Phology (and Doob for your previous positive words), I'm still a bit undecided on it myself... if I'd had longer I would have had another go.

Although there's loads of stuff on the record I could do something with, the track with the twinkly sound was definitely the stand out 'begging to be sampled' track for me. I'd still like to try something with it that makes more of it TBH.

I was pretty lazy with the sample in that tune that I put up. I also did another tune but didn't bother finishing it as I didn't really like it myself. I've since made 2 other ones... been making new stuff like a beast recently! Shame it's still all not very good :p

• Like 1

Thanks Phology (and Doob for your previous positive words), I'm still a bit undecided on it myself... if I'd had longer I would have had another go.

Although there's loads of stuff on the record I could do something with, the track with the twinkly sound was definitely the stand out 'begging to be sampled' track for me. I'd still like to try something with it that makes more of it TBH.

Same, wish i had more time on this one! However, once the battle is over I do have a different version that i'll post up

Guest petesasqwax

Damn, I've had no time at all for this yet (or to even be on DV!). Going to try to throw something down this evening... HOLD TIME LAST MINUTE CREW!

• Like 2

Guest petesasqwax

Cheers, mate - if it's reminiscent of the Holmes, BPMD, I'm happy with that!

I never listen to any of the other pieces until I've finished mine, so, now that it's up there, I'm off to make a brew and have a listen :)

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

just listened to the others. wicked tracks guys!

so many samples, i just havent had time to do what i wanted. mines made on headphones on the megabus :) (excuses excuses)

Guest petesasqwax

That's some nice shit, regardless, Sy!

Just listened back to mine and missed out a drum track (just some fills before the beat drops) but I'll leave it as is for the purposes of the beat battle and continue to work on it for my own gratification

Whoa time flies... I still have the chops laying on the desktop waiting to be transfered to the MPC.

Not going to be able to give it a go in the near future, this will have to wait :- /