original vestax 07

just curious how many ppl here still own one? i've had mine for the past 12 yrs with the same crossfaders and it still works like brand new. (except one broken tactile switch, of which i ordered a new one, upened up the hardware only to find id have solder the fucking thing off/on)

i just checked ebay and theres one for sale for $750. are they really becoming a "collectors" item?

Guest rasteri

$750?? I was asking for £100 for mine not that long ago, and people were saying that's too much...

Was it the the ISP version? They go for a lot more (but shouldn't IMO)

I still got my OG 07. And my buddy still has the OG 05 he bought from me. Made in Japan for DJ-Gear was like Swiss Made for watches (although Rane makes quality products as well)

I've still got one, originally bought in 2000 but it hasn't been my main mixer since 2010. It's currently in the living room set-up, hooked into my better half's turntables. I've been through a few cross-faders & upfaders. I had it serviced in 09 & modded with an FX loop added. It currently has the Vestax CC fader in it, which is the one like the 08 fader, but with the cut-off adjustment built onto the fader itself.

I never ever had one. For many years of 06 ownership, I aspired to one day move up a number. But by the time I could afford an upgrade (think old enough to have my credit card limit raised to grown up levels) other mixers were available and I bought a Pioneer 707 - not a mixer that people romanticise about, but superior in many ways with strengths best suited to my needs back then.

No, only world champions are allowed gold switches.

The original line switches were replaced by new one's when I had it serviced in 09. Both line switches and the FX send switches just happened to be chrome - it wasn't specific request on my part.

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

I had it serviced in 09 & modded with an FX loop added. It currently has the Vestax CC fader in it, which is the one like the 08 fader, but with the cut-off adjustment built onto the fader itself.

Nice!

I heart my OG 07. It would be the mixer i would be most gutted about losing due to this equation: solid scratch mixer + dope fader + 1st super rad mixer i got + sweet memories x emotional bond = my 07

Fun fact: Assembly Worker Matt having an 07 was what got me and Ed talking to him in the first place at a gig where we were with different bands.

A dude I bought a Tech off of tried to sell his 07 ISP on eBay for like $400-$500, but didn't get any bites. Maybe he didn't have a strong seller's account or something, I just know it didn't sell, nor did he get any or many inquiries.

Guest rasteri

I'd honestly feel bad asking for any more than about £120 for mine. They're just not particularly good mixers compared to even cheapo modern ones - the EQs are annoying, the optocouplers bleed real bad even when new, the build quality isn't great, etc...

$400 is taking the piss, Vestax going bust shouldn't affect the price of a mixer that was discontinued years ago anyway... Though start buying up PDX3000s would be my advice

I kept mine when I bought a 909 about 6 years ago but haven't used it since. For the time they came out they were wicked but the audio quality and features are way below what's available now. I wouldn't expect to get more than £80 for one online now.

I kept mine when I bought a 909 about 6 years ago but haven't used it since. For the time they came out they were wicked but the audio quality and features are way below what's available now. I wouldn't expect to get more than £80 for one online now.

that makes me sad. ive always used my 07/tech for sampling i think its great mainly cuz the eq's are sliders and not knobs. i do want a rane 62 one day tho. being on the 07 for so long then jumping to a rane at first i hated it. but after about an hour i could feel and hear the clarity. if i ever ditch the 07 it'll be the 62 next.

do you still use the 909? i remember trying that one and was amazed by the efx at the time haha