Ruckazoid talks

Guest broke

well he remains a lengthy explainer :)

I find his concept of thinking actually quite striking - and the parallels to the art world are more than justified.

The only contradiction to the whole thing though is the last sentence: Free music is the future.

He just spent 3 paragraphs explaining, why it should be curated and that's why he placed a 20'000$ pricetag on it.

Weird.

Guest petesasqwax

the music is still fucking horrific to my ears, but then most shit is. fair play to him - he's seemingly doing exactly what it is that he wants to do.

When he's not being the king of contradiction and double standards he's massaging he's ego at every opportunity....

The whole 20k OG record thing comes across as if he did it jus so he could hang it above the FIRST "MUSICAL" TURNTABLE "HE" invented to give him another excuse to pat him self on the back every time he looks at it, I bet there's bottles of his own jizz in his ruck shrine as well.

On the flip side Id rather him be back in the game, he's undoubtedly in my top 5 tableists and I'm looking forward to seeing what else he puts out. The shadow label is probably the best platform he'd hope for and to be fair he can back up a lot his bullshit (despite being an epic Dic about it).

But for someone who claims to have such a handle on the arts and commercial success he really should have a better grasp or jus be more respectful to the fact the human race is 98% sheeple and 2% creative leaders. Even if we were all scratchgods I'm sure he'd find a way to persuade himself he's the God of gods.

Guest Symatic

pretty interesting interview though. i liked it. tiesto getting $20,000 for an hour of doing.... whatever it is he does is a good enough reason (for me) to put out a £20,000 record with actual skills represented on it.

Oh well, I must say that I haven't been as excited about new releases from the Ruck in years and he does make some valid points but then he just comes across as someone who's so full of himself. I guess he's a smart guy and I enjoyed lots of his long posts on Asis but I just never know when he's tounge in cheek...

What would be your dream DJ gig?

That everyone is absolutely silent through my whole set. Then I stop and look at them. They're all still quiet, staring at me. Then I leave the stage and the entire building erupts with applause. And then a tear rolls down my cheek while I look at the SCRATCHGOD record. And then the movie credits roll.

Replace a few words and this could be a Kanye quote... Sure, it's kinda ironic but how much?

• Like 1

He's really not very bright though.

The comparison between him and Tiesto doesn't work, because the nobody's paying $20,000 for the experience of Tiesto. The promoter pays Tiesto $20,000 because he/she knows they'll make that back in ticket sales.

• Like 3

pretty interesting interview though. i liked it. tiesto getting $20,000 for an hour of doing.... whatever it is he does is a good enough reason (for me) to put out a £20,000 record with actual skills represented on it.

Its the best thing he could come up with to validate his absurdness, comparing it other absurd shit. The likes of Tiesto etc get 20k a set because of supply and demand culture not artistic merit.

If he wasn't trying to promote his record I'd recon he'd be in full on ruck mode and say its 20k because it's a genre defining master piece from (scratch)god, hang on a sec...

• Like 1

Sy - my bad, I see the angle you mean, rucks analogy/reasoning for the 20k price tag erks me because when it's stripped back he's using a mass base consumer model vs a niche art form to seemingly justify his attitude.

Id love to know how much of the ruck brovado initiative around scratchgod is jus marketing hype bollocks vs his actual ego

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

Yeah i think its kinda marketing thing but fuck knows. I dont knkw the dude at all and i could join a bunch of dots in my head about who he might be but really all i know is that i fuckin love scetchbook and the ned hoddings / gunkhole stuff, but skills or no skills the new music doesnt make me screwface the way the old stuff did. Its good for that style, its just that styles a bit too squeeky clean and pyramid-sounding for me

• Like 2

Guest broke

What would be your dream DJ gig?

That everyone is absolutely silent through my whole set. Then I stop and look at them. They're all still quiet, staring at me. Then I leave the stage and the entire building erupts with applause. And then a tear rolls down my cheek while I look at the SCRATCHGOD record. And then the movie credits roll.

Replace a few words and this could be a Kanye quote... Sure, it's kinda ironic but how much?

Dude, totally... That quote really stood out to me and I nearly stuck it in the original post. You hit the nail on the head with the Kanye comparison.

I for one wish that Ruck had never had the urge to expand his horizons and was still making dirty beats and cutting like a demon for the whole track. I wouldn't pay 20 grand to hear or own it, but you get what I mean.

• Like 3