2015 DMC Online Battle

Acts_One

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

wow JFB beaten by back spinning child with a set created by dad ..... The wakness in this comp is huge to the point that its making me not follow it anymore and im a scratch NERD. Its just depressing watching semi-mental/delusional people fulfill their narcissistic fantasies.

wow JFB beaten by back spinning child with a set created by dad ..... The wakness in this comp is huge to the point that its making me not follow it anymore and im a scratch NERD. Its just depressing watching semi-mental/delusional people fulfill their narcissistic fantasies.

That's just in the voting poll, the judges have yet to decide. This is how the competition has worked since about 2012 :p

So far the final is:

Redmist (IDA Chile champion)

Burua (Japan)

Beat Molester (few time US finalist)

P-Nuts (UK)

Erick Jay (99x Brazilian champion for every category)

Ritchie Ruftone (Scottish cunt and greatest robber in DJ battle history)
...and probably JFB unless something goes amiss with the judging.

Despite how weak the rounds were overall the final looks stronger than last year (minus I-Dee) with the addition of Redmist, Ritchie, and JFB.

My un-educated top 3 prediction:
1. Ritchie - experience + best battle scratcher in the battle. Too consistent to put below anyone who isn't already a world champ.

2. JFB - can't really see him NOT placing, and he could very well take it... he puts out so many routines it's hard to predict exactly how strong a routine whittled down to 6 minutes would be. JFB and Ritchie has similar routine composition with Ritchie having the edge in scratching and JFB in juggling, but Ritchie is more refined in the DMC/battle realm.

3. Redmist - a bit of a wildcard... he's well rounded and ambidextrous, but most importantly he has been consistently improving over the past couple years which is why I put him above some of the guys who have beaten him previously because I feel like some of the others have plateau'd and I already know the hardest they will come, but I feel like I have yet to see the best Redmist routine.

Erick Jay is a personal fav but his qualifier seemed a bit watered down this year and I don't think he will win without a personal best routine. Beat Molester is funky but his juggles hold him back too much, not sure he can overcome that. Can't knock P-Nuts but he's the new blood in a group of relative vets so he has an uphill battle.

Burua just posted his video, it's actually skilled as fuck he's technically the best juggler in the battle but his music is mental and there's about 0% chance he wins as a result... On paper it's a good routine skill-wise, originality, etc, but I don't know if anyone can get past the music/musicality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnem6K8fwIA

Guest broke

Burua just posted his video, it's actually skilled as fuck he's technically the best juggler in the battle but his music is mental and there's about 0% chance he wins as a result... On paper it's a good routine skill-wise, originality, etc, but I don't know if anyone can get past the music/musicality:

Lol that was nuts. Nice upfader work...

Guest broke

I just noticed his closet... is that a full closet of all black clothes...?

i noticed that too. All black everything...

Guest broke

nike was classic dmc viewing, all the body tricks, the facial expressions and the fashion, wow, just wow..

The best part of DJ Nike's 1997 routine is that he's wearing Adidas

• Like 1

The juggling in that video is great. I didn't mind the music, even though it's not the sort of stuff I would ever listen to. Maybe it's cos you don't hear many turntablists fucking around with music like that.

• Like 1

yeah he's super tight. if he was a bit more varied in the second half of the video or if he included some scratches too, he'd be a definite contender for the top 3. unfortunately he repeats a lot of his patterns later on, but he has some really unique techniques and his timing is spot on.

• Like 1

The juggling in that video is great. I didn't mind the music, even though it's not the sort of stuff I would ever listen to. Maybe it's cos you don't hear many turntablists fucking around with music like that.

Yea it's original for sure... never heard a turntablist use that kinda stuff in a routine either, but I dunno he might as well have used a straight kick/snare loop for me. 1 section of a routine might be ok but all 6 mins was a bit much.

• Like 1

For sure. His routine was too "samey". I suspect that the guy can scratch well, but there was no scratch solo, and keeping to the same flow/style throughout is detrimental to winning the competition.

Yea the little bits of cuts in the routine were clean and his fader control is on some next level shit so I have no doubt he can cut at least decently.