P&G fader wobble?

Mike-L

I just popped an old P&G fader into my 07 and it's got a fair bit of wobble on it. I know they're not as sturdy feeling as innofader etc but I was surprised it felt the way it did. Does anyone else have a P&G fader and if so does it wobble? Are there any tricks to reducing it? Cheers

Did you take the complete thing apart or did you only tighten the screws connecting the fader with the cover? Maybe, things get better once you've taken everything apart. I used to have some play on my faders at times and often it was just the rail or dust cover above it being slightly off. If the feel of the fader is not sturdy enough to your liking, you could bend the wipers a little bit towards the track, so you get more resistance. P&Gs can be a bit diva-esque - one unfirm screw and the whole thing can wobble. Still great faders, though.

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

It's funny, me and Edkut were discussing this the other week on the way over to Rye.

I've never really experienced it, except screws coming loose, but Ed had a couple go this way. I guessed it was cos the metal contact strips slowly become less taut, but he didnt report back as he got an innofader and Pro x. Maybe get a new stem and check it out, they're only £20.

The only wobble i experienced was like Eric said, the screws in the plate getting loose.