PIONEER PLX1000, Read before buying. "Parkinsons tonearm"

Hi All,

I just wanted to share the problems I am having with my Pioneer PLX1000's.
If you're thinking about getting one, you should take this into account.

My first unit arrived with a wobbly tonearm, I suspect the gimble screws on the arm assembly to be the cause. The arm lock has nowt effect on this looseness and the actual tonearm itself wobbles/rattles.

Sent it back and received another new unit, opened it up and bam, same shit.

I am hoping it was a dud batch and I will be happy with my third and final unit...

Has anyone else had this sort of problem, or noticed this on a unit they have tried?

thats why i didnt buy the PLX-1000, im sure neither Qbert, Shortkut and D-Styles will ever say the PLX tonearms are badly calibrated in public since they're doing pr swowcases for Pioneer but when i saw this i knew Hanpin will never get it straightened out, it's for a good reason why Technics are the best decks ever made, ppl who love bells and wistles claim the RP-8000 is the best (Fong Fong) but that deck has issues as well.

• Like 1

Guest rasteri

It's slightly disturbing that an issue which was noticed years ago and can be fixed by simply tightening a screw hasn't been rectified at the factory yet.

Makes me wonder if tightening that screw has some unintended side effects

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...