Looking for HAK360 replacement headphone jack

doppelkorn

I imagine this is a pretty common electronic part but I'm not sure what to google for. Mine is snapped. Glued it together once but it snapped again because the break is at a weak point.

It looks like this:

Googling that number gives nothing. This must be a bog standard part with that connector, right? You can see the break just behind that nut. It's basically where the socket pokes through the mixer casing.

Guest rasteri

You're unlikely to find a replacement for that part easily/locally/in quantities of less than a thousand.

Just buy a standard panel-mount socket and solder wires between it and that little circuit board. Then wrap the circuit board in tape/heatshrink.

You can use the opportunity to upgrade to a better quality socket, too - something like this maybe : http://cpc.farnell.com/neutrik/nmj6hc-s/jack-socket-3p-switched-chrome/dp/AV11184

(just make sure the plug doesn't connect the sheild to the chassis, you might cause ground loops).

• Like 2

Gah I can't get that part from a site that allows normal people to buy stuff form there. Everywhere wants me to open an account then they have restrictions on delivery etc...

Maplin has this http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/14-inch-jack-socket-6-pole-switched-pcb-mount-a35qt

But I have no idea of the quality. How do you even tell what's good and what's bad?

PAGING SOMEONE!!

Seriously how the fuck do you solder this 6-pin thing to the 3-pin board the old one had? It's like this information is missing from the internet. I can't even find what pin is what.

The pins nearest the socket hole will be the sleeve/shield/ground. It sounds like you have the kind of headphone socket you get on a tv where when you plug in the headphones it cuts the output to the speakers by means of little spring switches inside the socket. Got a good photo of the actual part?

• Like 1

Guest rasteri

Shit, sorry I missed this.

The three pins you wanna solder to are the ones nearest you in this picture (the ones that rise up when you plug a headphone jack into the socket). Solder three bits of wire to them, then on the picture connect them as follows (mspaint to the rescue) :

Then wrap the green circuit board in some kind of insulating material so it doesn't short out and you should be set.

Alternatively, you could cut the white plug off of the cable that goes into the mixer and solder the cable directly to the new plug.

• Like 2