The Ruck is back - Scratchgod.com

Vekked

The jackets are fresh as fuk (yes we all know I have horrid music AND fashion style) but wayyyyy too pricy.

To be honest, the jacket is the least ridiculous thing about the scratchgod store. I mean, it's not my thing and - more to the point - I couldn't get away with wearing one at my age, but they're not too bad. I see club kids wearing that sort of stuff all the time, you know that whole early 90s revival look...

I'm a little in shock. Do you need me to mail you a pair of glo-laces? (I will)

• Like 1

Oh my dear. He's nuts now. First "Listen Compute Rock" and now this? It gets worse everytime he does. something new. I still like some of his music, although I prefer his past work (the pre-Poly or pre-Bontempi-Organ phase).

He should of stayed with D and company (instead of dissing them on twitter when they went on their last tour) and not go with these french drugged up heads...

@Giz. Where's Weaks reaction?

If the Ruck was a troll, you'd think he'd have learned to give that up by now. This has got people talking, but they're talking about everything but the music, which is locked away behind forced tweets on a social network he once swore blind he would never, ever use and is downloadable only in a format he spent years arguing against.

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

Oh my dear. He's nuts now. First "Listen Compute Rock" and now this? It gets worse everytime he does something new. I still like some of his music, although I prefer his past work (the pre-Poly or pre-Bontempi-Organ phase).

Yeah, this is the thing. His ability is never in question. I still really like Dirty Soap, Box of Chocolates, the Ghost remix, Scetchbook (the "c" is for "scratch"). RRRAP was good, but the gaps on the vinyl test pressing were annoying and I've never seen a "proper" release of it. Fuga wasn't really my cuppa but was still decent. Everything after this bar the OX stuff or features on stuff like Scratch Nerds II, Rob Swift's LP etc have been "meh" at best and "ooooooof that's shite" at worst

He should have stayed with D and company (instead of dissing them on twitter when they went on their last tour) and not go with these french drugged up heads...

How did I manage to miss this? what did he say?

If the Ruck was a troll, you'd think he'd have learned to give that up by now. This has got people talking, but they're talking about everything but the music, which is locked away behind forced tweets on a social network he once swore blind he would never, ever use and is downloadable only in a format he spent years arguing against.

Pretty sums the whole thing up perfectly, Steve.

@Pete

He posted some weird twitter tweet about the tour that since he wasen't on board, that it would like watching a gig of "Otis Reding and the band" without Otis and only the band playing. I did an interview with D after the Geneva gig on said tour and asked him, why the Ruck wasen't a board. He told me that they asked him and that he didn't want to come...

@Pete

He posted some weird twitter tweet about the tour that since he wasen't on board, that it would like watching a gig of "Otis Reding and the band" without Otis and only the band playing. I did an interview with D after the Geneva gig on said tour and asked him, why the Ruck wasen't a board. He told me that they asked him and that he didn't want to come...

Why wasn't Mike Boo involved?

Guest petesasqwax

Mike Boo just does the Secret Sidewalk stuff these days as far as I know. He's kind of on the fringes of the Glitch Mob etc. group that RUCK seems to want ins with these days (Machine Drum, Salva etc.)

More importantly, where was the Rock Hard Bastards EP that was supposedly dropping on the heels of the tour?

@Pete

He posted some weird twitter tweet about the tour that since he wasen't on board, that it would like watching a gig of "Otis Reding and the band" without Otis and only the band playing.

Actually, I prefer Booker T & The MGs when they are on their own.

Mike Boo just does the Secret Sidewalk stuff these days as far as I know.

Sounds illegal - which rumors did I miss out on?

More importantly, where was the Rock Hard Bastards EP that was supposedly dropping on the heels of the tour?

It'll be the bonus disc of Switchblade Sermons 2 - stay tuned.

Best thread of the year by the way: gRRRAPevine stYle!

Technically, when "Booker T & The MG's" backed Otis, they always included a horn section called "The Memphis Horns" and when these two separate entities joined forces, collectively they were called "The Mar-Keys". So, being really anal about it, although your answer is right although it doesn't tell the whole story, but it's still superior to the Ruck's dumbass "Otis & band". In fact my answer is only right up to the mid-sixties, at which point even your answer is wrong. After the European tour they all did ('65? '66?), the Mar-Keys were too busy in the studio recording Stax hits so they recruited a band of younger musicians to fulfil touring duties, named the Bar-Kays... the same band who went on to 1970s success in their own right (minus the ones who died in the plane with Otis, of course).

#saddestpostoftheday #askmehowthemar-keysgottheirnameifyourealkywanttobemoreboredthanyoualreadyare

I only knew about the Bar-Kays. Rumor (Wikipedia) has it that the additional horn players were from a group that Booker T & The MG's also stemmed from. My question is: Who of us shall edit D-Styles' entry (He's back! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-Styles), so that he's also becomes a part of the Mar-Keys?

#Mindrayhasgottensonextlevelthatitcanevenchangehistory

#Ruckazoid=KanyeWestOfTheScratchGame

Also: how did they get their name?