ROUND 1 RESULTS & ROUND 2 MATCH-UPS

The top 8: -

Cutting straight to the important stuff, here's the top 8, with the points each DJ scored shown in brackets: -

1 - Chinmachine (49.86)

2 - Chmielix (33.49)

3 - DJ Biox (22.87)

4 - JesusKut (20.52)

5 - Redmist (14.99)

6 - Jimmy Penguin (9.26)

7 - Symatic (9.12)

8 - Dopez (9.03)

Congratulations to those that made it through! Commiserations to those that didn't make it this year.

Here's the rest of the scores, if you didn't make the top 8 and want to know how you did: -

http://i.imgur.com/YrWTlE8.png

Judges' scores: -

Here's the 5 judges' scores: -

Chile: -

1 - Chinmachine

2 - JesusKut

3 - KingTragic

4 - DJ Jeff

5 - Chmielix

6 - Tieno

7 - Dopez

8 - DJ Chell

Sparky T: -

1 - Chinmachine

2 - DJ VaZee

3 - Mr. Krabz

4 - Marvel

5 - JesusKut

6 - Dopez

7 - Chmielix

8 - DJ Biox

Ritchie Ruftone: -

1 - Chinmachine

2 - Chmielix

3 - Symatic

4 - JesusKut

5 - Redmist

6 - DJ Biox

7 - Backtrack

8 - Electrofood

Jon1st: -

1 - Chinmachine

2 - DJ Biox

3 - Mighty Atom

4 - Chmielix

5 - Jimmy Penguin

6 - DJ Select

7 - DJ Chell

8 - Redmist

Pete Sasqwax: -

1 - Chinmachine

2 - Chmielix

3 - Broke

4 - Redmist

5 - DJ Biox

6 - Jimmy Penguin

7 - Dopez

8 - Electrofood

Remember, in round 1, all of the contestants' scores combined counted as 3 judges, so the maximum possible score achievable by a single DJ was 64 points.

Round 2 match-ups: -

Here are the match-ups for round 2: -

JesusKut Vs. Chinmachine

Dopez Vs. Chmielix

DJ Biox Vs. Redmist

Jimmy Penguin Vs. Symatic

The draw was done like this - I asked a guy that's not a hip-hop/scratch DJ and knows nothing about the scene to match up these "words" into pairs, which happened to be the last 3 letters of each DJ's name: -

http://i.imgur.com/3BO4YYh.png

Round 2 rules and deadline: -

The rules and submission process are identical to round 1, only this time you must use the beat provided in THIS thread and you must cut over that beat at its stock speed, so no pitching it up or down.

Just like in round 1, record your video, upload it to YouTube with the privacy set to "unlisted", title it "DV Scratch Battle 2014 - YourDJNameHere - Round 2", add a link to DV into the description, then email or PM me the link. I'd really like all of the top 8 to use the intro video provided in the main rules thread, so if you don't know how to do that, let me know and we'll sort it out.

The time limit for round 2 is still 60 seconds although, just like in round 1, your video can be longer than 60 seconds because of the intro and blank beat at the beginning/end, but it should contain no more than 60 seconds of scratching.

The deadline for submission of round 2 videos is Monday the 20th of October at 11 PM UK time.

All of the judging is done solely by the judging panel from here on out, so there's no more peer voting. When I post the round 2 videos up, I will add some polls to the threads just for fun, so everyone can vote for their favourites.

If a DJ drops out: -

If you have to drop out, please let me know ASAP. If a DJ drops out or fails to submit a video before the deadline is met, they will be out of the battle, they'll forfeit their prizes (the top 8 have all won a copy of Ritchie Ruftone's new battle record), and the DJ that came 9th in round 1 will be asked to jump back in and take their place.

I doubt anyone will drop out, but I need to mention that just in case.

Questions?

If you have any questions either ask them in this thread, email me, or fire me a PM on here or on Facebook.

Once again, congrats to the top 8! Onwards to round 2 we go! :d

• Like 3

I'm gonna sound like a soppy git for saying this, but one thing I didn't like about this battle is seeing people anticipating the results on Facebook, when I knew they hadn't made it through to the top 8. I've realised that I could never be a judge on X Factor, lol. I'd end up putting every contestant through. :d

It was fucking hard to score points this year though, as they were so concentrated around the top few DJs.

If you're wondering why some of the scores are so low when DJs received points from the peer votes, here's exactly how the scores were calculated: -

The peer votes were added up for a particular contestant, divided by 77 (as a competitor cannot vote for themselves, which is why it's not 78), then multiplied by 3. That meant that all of the competitors combined had the same amount of points to give out as 3 judges. Then the judges' scores were added up for a contestant and added straight on to their peer vote score, giving them a grand total. Quite a lot of competitors didn't vote too, while obviously all of the judges did, which made the judges' influence greater than it might have been.

If you want to see what effect the peer votes had, this would have been the top 8 if it was just the judges that had voted: -

1 - Chinmachine (40)

2 - Chmielix (25)

3 - JesusKut (16)

4 - DJ Biox (15)

5 - Redmist (10)

6 - DJ VaZee (7)

6 - Dopez (7)

6 - Jimmy Penguin (7)

So, the peer votes definitely had an effect, as quite few of the competitors rated Symatic's video and that gave him over 3 extra points and pushed him into the top 8, while not as many competitors rated VaZee's video and that led to him dropping out into 9th.

Oh, and so many competitors rated Chinmachine's video highly, that even if none of the judges had voted for him at all, he'd still have been in the top 8, haha.

• Like 1