question about proxys..

chile

in a few months im going to chile.. i have a job on the internet but they still ask workers to be in the uk when completing jobs.. is there a way to trick the site (using a proxy) into thinking i havent gone anywhere outside the uk?

I would recommend Private Internet Access, which is a VPN service.

It's not free, but it's cheap. The most expensive way to pay is monthly, but it only costs £4.40 for a month, which presumably would cover your trip.

Once you've paid, they give you a user name and password. You install their software on your computer, fire it up, then log in. Then you can choose from servers located all over the world (including the UK) and connect to one, so if you connect to one in London, any website you visit will think that's where you're located.

The advantage of a VPN is that it's more secure as traffic is encrypted and Private Internet Access is a trusted company, plus free proxies can sometimes be transparent (i.e. they don't effectively mask your true location), or they can be shit slow or just disappear randomly.

• Like 1

in a few months im going to chile.. i have a job on the internet but they still ask workers to be in the uk when completing jobs.. is there a way to trick the site (using a proxy) into thinking i havent gone anywhere outside the uk?

Hey Chilie, just out of curiousity - what industry is this job in?

That's awesome thanks Steve! Spot on exactly what im after.. will be looking into getting VPN. Scottie, I work as an internetcrowdworker.. i complete lots of little microjobs to do with optimising search engines in exchange for a few cents per job. Not well paid but nice little earner on the side.

Bad ass info right there Steve, good tidbit to know for the future.

I use to use free proxy's to mask my IP and subsequently flag craigslist spam. Wish I still had the tool/software (forgot the name), I can use it right about now with some persistent spam (specific job sections I'm perusing). I'm an UNofficial CL mod for a few sections that I like to keep legit and lately it's getting a little outta hand. Need to put the smack down.

Peace.